San Diego Single Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Car Accidents Involving One Vehicle
If you have been injured in an auto accident that did not involve any other vehicles‚ it is likely that the authorities and your insurance provider will assume that it was your fault. However‚ in single-vehicle collisions‚ fault does not always lie solely on the driver. Contact the aggressive San Diego auto accident lawyers at the Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers to discuss the circumstances of your accident. In the event that outside factors‚ such as hazardous road conditions‚ auto defects or a hit and run driver caused your collision‚ you should not be held accountable.
Call (888) 233-5020 to defend your right to financial compensation. We have successfully litigated numerous single accident claims before and have the experience you can depend on.
Defend Your Right to Compensation in San Diego
One of the biggest challenges that follow an auto accident involving only one vehicle is that insurance companies are quick to deny or minimize the victim’s claim. You may want to just move on and focus on getting your life back on track‚ but by seeking the financial coverage you deserve‚ you can more easily overcome the financial challenges that lie ahead.
Let the accident lawyers at the Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers represent your claim and build a strong case on your behalf. Not only will we determine the cause of you crash‚ but we will also collect evidence to support you claim‚ handle the paperwork and necessary negotiations with your insurance provider‚ and answer any questions or concerns you may have. If you have been injured through no fault of your own‚ it is the least you deserve.
How Do Single Vehicle Accidents Happen?
The most common factors that contribute to single-vehicle collisions on the road include‚ but are not limited to the following:
- Poor lighting
- Loose gravel
- Debris in the road
- Animal crossing
- Malfunctioning traffic signs
- Hazardous road designs
- Faulty brakes
- Mechanical failure
In some cases‚ another motorist may be responsible for running another vehicle off the road‚ especially if the negligent motorist is driving while intoxicated‚ distracted‚ or drowsy.
Contact an experienced San Diego single-vehicle accident lawyer as soon as possible to conduct a thorough investigation of your crash in order to determine the cause of your accident. While it may not always be obvious that another driver or outside factor contributed to your accident‚ it is crucial to speak with an accomplished lawyer about your legal rights and options.
Other Parties Who Might Be Held Responsible for Your Single-Vehicle Accident
Since multiple factors can contribute to a single-vehicle accident, having an experienced attorney investigate all the details of your particular situation is a crucial component of your claim. Other parties who may potentially be found liable include:
- Other individuals – Sometimes, another vehicle will invade your driving space and cause you to veer into a stationary object, such as a median or building. If a pedestrian or bicyclist suddenly darts out in front of your vehicle or is traveling in an area where they are prohibited, you may have to swerve to miss them and end up hitting a tree or guardrail. These types of scenarios would include negligence on the part of the other driver, the pedestrian, or the bicyclist
- Government entities in charge of roadway maintenance – A single-vehicle accident can occur when road surfaces are damaged, lane markings are faded, traffic lights malfunction, or road signs are missing or compromised, making it difficult for drivers to maneuver safely.
- Vehicle or parts manufacturer – If a driver loses control of a vehicle because one of its main functions or safety features fails, it can result in a single-vehicle accident, and the manufacturer can be liable for the failure.
In order to claim compensation from the responsible party, we need to prove that they:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached that duty when they acted negligently
- Caused your injury and suffering
- You suffered damages as a result
Our legal team will support your claim with strong evidence, which may include medical records, police reports, video footage of the accident scene, and witness testimony. Given our extensive experience handling these kinds of claims, we know the best methods for finding evidentiary materials and knowing the right people to speak to.
Who Can Collect Damages From a San Diego Single-Vehicle Accident?
When single-vehicle accidents happen in the state of California, both the driver and the passengers can pursue compensation for injuries when the negligence of someone else contributed to the accident. Passengers can also file a claim against the driver of the vehicle they were in when that driver is the one responsible for the collision that caused their injuries. In cases where the injured occupant is the driver’s spouse or child, the claim process will be much more complicated and difficult to manage without a knowledgeable lawyer.
Compensation Available to Victims of Single Vehicle Accidents
Compensation for different types of losses can be pursued in a single-vehicle accident claim. At Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers, we typically seek damages for:
- Property damage
- Current and future healthcare costs
- Loss of current and future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
The amount of compensation the can be awarded will vary in each situation, and it will depend on certain issues, such as:
- How much it costs to repair your vehicle
- The full amount of your medical expenses
- The impact of the injuries on your employment opportunities
- How the injuries affect your quality of life
- The extent of your mental anguish experienced from the injuries
Committed to Helping San Diego Accident Victims Recover
You do not have to suffer the physical and financial losses of your single-vehicle accident alone. Let experienced San Diego single-vehicle car accident attorney Ross Jurewitz and his dependable legal team handle your case and get you the financial resources you need to recover. Contact us at (619) 233-5020 to begin working on your case right away.