Child Injury Attorneys in San Diego
Legal Help for Children Who Have Been Seriously Injured
If your child has been injured as a result of another person's careless actions, contact the Jurewitz Law Group as soon as you can. With our assistance, you and your child will have a fighting chance at gaining the financial support necessary for medical care, lost time at work, and other losses. But do not wait to call. The sooner you act, the stronger your chances are of getting full and fair compensation from the at-fault party. Call (619) 387-7503 or (888) 421-6626 for a free consultation. At Jurewitz Law Group, we have a No Fee Guarantee. If we accept your case, you will not owe us a cent unless we reach a settlement or judgment on your case.
How Can an Attorney Help Me with My San Diego Child Injury Claim Case?
At Jurewitz Law Group, our San Diego child injury lawyers not only provide clientele with aggressive and devoted legal representation, but also have the resources to back it up. We will use the full scope of our skills, knowledge, and connections to ensure that the party responsible for your child's injuries is held liable, whether that party is comprised of an individual or a company. In order to accomplish this, we may:
- Consult with medical experts to determine the extent of your child's injuries and the associated costs;
- Make a complete reconstruction of the accident that hurt your child, with help from professionals;
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the accident site and gather material evidence; and,
- Obtain witness statements.
We will also help you handle the insurance company and prevent them from sabotaging your claim. Please be sure to speak with one of our attorneys before giving anything, whether it's a recorded statement or a signature, to the insurance adjuster.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), report that more than 9.2 million individuals between the ages of 0 and 19 visit the emergency room for accidental injuries.
What Are the Statistics Regarding Child Injury?
Below are important facts and statistics on child injuries:
- Male children generally have a higher injury rate than female children.
- Falls are the leading cause of child injury, sending approximately 2.8 million children to the emergency room each year.
- Children between the ages of 0 and 9 are more likely to be injured by being struck by or against an object, bitten by an animal, or stung by an insect.
- Children between the ages of 10 and 14 are more likely to be injured by being struck by or against an object and overexertion.
- Children between the ages of 15 and 19 are more likely to be injured in motor vehicle accidents.
- Suffocation is the leading cause of injury for infants less than 1 year of age.
It is very important that you watch your child closely in order to prevent him or her from being injured. If your child is a teen, remind him on a frequent basis about safe behavior, even if it doesn't seem like he’s listening; he is.
The Ugly Truth About Child Injury
As much as we don’t want to think or hear about a child being hurt, we can’t avoid the fact that children are extremely vulnerable and serious injuries do happen to them. As a parent, you do everything in your power to protect your children and keep them safe. Unfortunately, that is not always enough. Let’s look at some cases where negligence led to the injury of children:
- As a resident of the San Diego area, you probably remember the incident where a 70-year-old grandmother accidently ran her car into ten people - nine children, including an 11-month-old - outside a Del Mar Heights elementary school. Fortunately, the most serious injury was a broken leg that a 5-year-old suffered. While the grandmother was not criminally charged, she may certainly face civil charges for the recovery of medical costs, and more from parents whose children were injured.
- A truly tragic occurrence took place in Seal Beach when a reportedly "drugged" driver caused a chain reaction collision that resulted in the death of a 7-year-old girl and serious injury to her 13-year-old sister. The 36-year-old driver who caused the accident has been charged with gross vehicular manslaughter, but he may also face civil charges for wrongful death and serious injuries.
- It’s not always a negligent driver that causes injury to a child. A child can also be injured by a defective product. Car seat manufacturer Combi USA recently issued a recall for certain models of its car seats. Government studies have found that these seats put small children at an increased risk for chest injuries. If a child was injured due to a design or manufacturing flaw in this product, the car seat’s manufacturer could be held liable for that child’s injuries.
These are just a few real-world examples of negligence causing injury to a child. Unfortunately, there are many ways for a child to be injured: falls from playground equipment, swimming pool accidents, trips and falls, sports injuries, and more.
Keeping Your Child's Future Bright
The San Diego personal injury lawyers at the Jurewitz Law Group are committed to ensuring that every child has a fair shot at a bright future. If another person is responsible for harming your child, we will take every measure possible to hold him or her accountable. Let us fight to get you the money you need to give your child the best care possible. Contact us today at (888) 421-6626 or (619) 387-7503.
Child Injury Case Results
- Awarded: Confidential Six-Figure Settlement - Child Killed by Gangmember Due to Negligent Security at San Diego Apartment Complex
- Awarded: Partial Settlement of $337,500 - Dangerous Condition at San Diego Apartment Complex Leads Crush Injury to Child's Foot
- Awarded: $100,000 Settlement - Car Strikes Chula Vista Children Crossing the Street
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that the case results described above are not intended to be representative of usual results and not every result is typical or expected of every case. Every case is different and case values turn on small facts and differences. Please contact our office to discuss your case and the range of reasonable case values for your personal injury case.
TERMS: By viewing and reading the case values on this website, you are agreeing not to disseminate and distribute the case results described herein. The Jurewitz Law Group retains any and all rights with respect to the use and enforcement of copywrite and trademark violations with respect to any use which violated state or federal law.
- Common San Diego Child Injuries
- Child Safety and Injury Prevention - CDC
- Child Safety - MedlinePlus
- Child Safety - NHTSA
- Staying Safe on the Playground This Summer
- July 5, 2017
- Let’s Save Some Kids’ Lives, People
- June 21, 2017
- Has Your Child Broken or Fractured a Bone in San Diego?
- September 15, 2016
- Common Health Injuries Found at Kids Summer Camps
- August 22, 2016
- Common Types of School Injuries Suffered by Children
- August 18, 2016
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.