San Diego Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Legal Help for Injured Pedestrians
Pedestrians are completely vulnerable to the dangers surrounding them. When pedestrians are hit by a car, truck, or motorcycle, they are bound to suffer serious injury, and possibly death.
If another party’s negligence or reckless behavior caused the accident that injured you or killed a family member, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. But don’t expect the at-fault party and insurance company to offer you a fair payout - they won’t do that unless their feet are held to the fire. If you’ve never dealt with insurance companies before, you may not realize that they’re not the benevolent characters their commercials portray them to be. Insurance companies are businesses, and they are out to make the biggest profit possible.
Our legal team at Jurewitz Law Group hates to see injury victims get screwed by insurance companies that only care about their bottom line. We’ve tangled with insurance companies before, and we know how they operate. To find out more about your legal rights and options, call a San Diego personal injury attorney at Jurewitz Law Group for a free consultation by dialing (888) 233-5020 today. If we represent you, you pay nothing upfront. We only collect our fee if we win you the compensation you deserve.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 5,997 pedestrians were killed in the U.S. in 2016.
Common Causes of Pedestrian-Car Collisions
All too often, pedestrians are hit by drivers who fail to exercise proper caution on the road. Some accidents may involve an extenuating circumstance, such as glare, adverse climate, or bad road conditions; but many can be explained by the driver’s own wrongful actions, for example:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Distracted driving
- Failing to address stop or slow signs, school zones, and crosswalks
- Trying to pass a stopped school bus
Pedestrians can do their part to protect themselves by wearing visible and/or reflective clothing, especially at night; crossing the street only at designated crosswalks; and staying on the sidewalk.
What Damages Can I Collect in My San Diego Pedestrian Accident Claim?
If you have suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident in Carlsbad or San Diego, you may be entitled to recover the following damages:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Permanent injury or disability
- Lost wages and loss of career earning potential
- Loss of a limb
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life
- Wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial expenses; medical bills; pain and suffering of the deceased before death; loss of love, affection, marital consortium, etc.
Jurewitz Law Group Won’t Let You Get Screwed
Remember, insurance companies aren’t your friends. They don’t care about you, they don’t care about your family, and they don’t care about your future. If you’ve been injured as a pedestrian, or lost a loved one who was killed while a pedestrian, your only hope in getting an adequate settlement is to get an experienced and aggressive attorney.
Jurewitz Law Group has spent nearly two decades fighting for the rights of injury victims. To get the compensation you deserve, call our San Diego office at (888) 233-5020 for a free consultation.
- Free report by Transportation for America, "Dangerous by Design"
- Pedestrian Safety
- Pedestrian and Bike Safety
- Pedestrian Traffic Safety Facts 2015 - NHTSA
- Pedestrian Safety for Kids
- Parking Lots: the Unsung Pedestrian Crash Zone
- June 7, 2018
- What to Do After a Segway Accident
- September 27, 2017
- Welcome to “The Future”
- September 20, 2017
- Walking and Parking: Trickier Than You Think
- July 21, 2017
- Drivers Vs. Pedestrians – Who Wins?
- November 25, 2016
Pedestrian Accident Case Results
- Awarded: $100,000 - Car Strikes Chula Vista Children Crossing the Street
- Awarded: $100,000 (Policy Limits) - Pedestrian Hit by Car in Parking Lot Suffers Facet Joint Injury in Neck
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that the case results described above are not intended to be representative of usual results and not every result is typical or expected of every case. Every case is different and case values turn on small facts and differences. Please contact our office to discuss your case and the range of reasonable case values for your personal injury case.
TERMS: By viewing and reading the case values on this website, you are agreeing not to disseminate and distribute the case results described herein. The Jurewitz Law Group retains any and all rights with respect to the use and enforcement of copywrite and trademark violations with respect to any use which violated state or federal law.
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.