Top Bicycle Accident Lawyers in San Diego
Legal Representation for Victims of Bike Accidents
If you or a family member has been injured or worse in a bicycle collision, you have every right to seek compensation from the person responsible. But do not wait to take action! Call the experienced San Diego bicycle accident lawyers at Jurewitz Law Group today at (888) 233-5020 or (619) 233-5020 to discuss your case. The more time goes by, the less your chances of getting the money you need for the medical bills, time lost at work and other losses you have suffered.
Let us handle the insurance companies and negligent parties involved in your case while you and your loved ones recover.
Over the past decade, cycling has established itself firmly in southern California and elsewhere as more than a trend but a genuine lifestyle. It seems as if more and more people are taking to the streets with their bicycles to commute to work, exercise, and travel. And while it is a positive development that people are choosing to get fit and contribute to a better global environment, more bicycles on the roads means more crashes which, in turn, means more injuries and fatalities, most of which are caused by negligent motorists who don’t exercise proper caution around bicyclists.
Common Bicycle Accident Scenarios
The following scenarios are the most common among bicycle-car collisions:
- Left Hand Turn Collision: Vehicle Code section 21801(a) states that all drivers attempting a left hand turn must first check for and yield to any vehicles coming from the opposite direction, including bicycles. Unfortunately, there are moments when the driver does not see a bicyclist coming and crashes into them while making a left turn.
- Sideswipe Collision: All motorists are expected to give bicyclists enough space when passing. However, some motorists get impatient and attempt extremely risky passes, which can result in a sideswipe collision or the bicyclist getting run off the road.
- Dooring: On many streets, the bicycle lane is adjacent to the parking lane without much space between them. In this type of accident, a motorist forgets to check for bicyclists before exiting their parked vehicle, which leads to the unlucky bicyclist colliding into the door or getting run out of the lane. In either scenario, the consequences can be deadly.
- Intersection Collisions: A motorist may fail to stop at an intersection, or fail to yield to a crossing bicyclist, causing an injurious or even fatal collision.
Of course, there are bicycle accident cases which do not involve motorists. Unsafe roadway conditions and defective bicycle design/manufacturing can contribute to bike crashes as well.
Most bicycle accidents involve collisions with motor vehicles, the drivers of which commit negligent and/or reckless acts.
Protecting the Rights of Bicycle Accident Victims in Southern California
Without legal help, the cost of recover after a bike crash can easily become overwhelming - reaching hundreds of thousands in a matter of months! Contact a San Diego personal injury attorney at the Jurewitz Law Group as soon as possible to protect your right to get financial compensation from those responsible for your accident.
For a free and comprehensive case evaluation, please dial (888) 233-5020 or send us a message through the Free Case Review tab.
Bicycle Accident Case Results
- Awarded: $40,00 - Oceanside Bicyclist Hit by Car Making Right Turn
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that the case results described above are not intended to be representative of usual results and not every result is typical or expected of every case. Every case is different and case values turn on small facts and differences. Please contact our office to discuss your case and the range of reasonable case values for your personal injury case.
TERMS: By viewing and reading the case values on this website, you are agreeing not to disseminate and distribute the case results described herein. The Jurewitz Law Group retains any and all rights with respect to the use and enforcement of copywrite and trademark violations with respect to any use which violated state or federal law.
- Free report by Transportation for America, "Dangerous by Design"
- Bicycles - NHTSA
- Bicycle Safety - CDC
- Bicyclists and Other Cyclists Traffic Safety Facts
- Bicyclist Fatality Facts
- Safety Tips for Bicyclists
- Cycling Community Pays Tribute to Fallen Comrade
- October 29, 2017
- How To Handle A Brand New Bike
- December 23, 2016
- Bike Hit and Run in San Diego
- September 12, 2016
- Broken Bones Sustained in Bike Accidents in San Diego
- September 7, 2016
- San Diego Bicycle Road Rash Injuries
- August 25, 2016
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.