Chula Vista Personal Injury Lawyer
No matter how careful you are, there is no way to completely prevent yourself from being injured in an accident. We cannot control what other people do, so there is always a chance you will be hurt due to someone else’s negligent behavior. Regardless of whether that negligence takes the form of a car crash, a birth injury, a dog bite, elder abuse, or another incident, you could be left with expensive medical bills and painful injuries through no fault of your own.
At Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers, our Chula Vista personal injury lawyers have dedicated their careers to defending the rights of accident victims. Since opening our offices in 2007, we have helped our clients recover more than $100 million in total compensation. With our extensive experience, we can help you recover the money you need to cover your medical bills and other expenses while you focus on getting better. To learn more about how we can help you with your case, visit our contact page or call (619) 233-5020 to get a free consultation.
Chula Vista Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our Chula Vista personal injury attorneys have experience with many different kinds of cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Scooter accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Airplane accidents
- Premises liability injuries (slip-and-fall accidents, broken sidewalk accidents, etc.)
- Defective products injuries (dangerous drugs, unsafe children’s toys, etc.)
- Workplace injuries
- Dog bites
- Elder abuse
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Child injuries
- Wrongful deaths
This is not a full list of the cases we can handle at Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers. If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, give us a call to see if you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit.
Compensation in Chula Vista Personal Injury Cases
The toll a major accident takes can affect many areas of your life, from your physical and mental health to your personal finances. It is important to seek compensation for as many of these losses as possible when you file a personal injury lawsuit so you can recover the money you need. A personal injury attorney can help you pursue:
- Economic damages — Economic damages are compensation that covers the direct costs related to your injuries and similar expenses. These include things like your medical bills, your lost income while you are recovering from the accident, the cost to repair any damaged personal property, and so on. Economic losses are relatively easy to document, but you still want help from an attorney to make sure all your losses are accounted for.
- Non-Economic damages — This type of compensation covers the injuries or other losses you have suffered that are not a direct expense. These include things like your lost future income due to your injuries, the pain and suffering from your injuries, any emotional or mental distress resulting from the accident, your loss of enjoyment of life, and so on. Non-economic losses can be difficult to prove, but an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you find the evidence you need to make your case.
- Exemplary damages — Exemplary damages are not related to any injury you have suffered in an accident. Instead, a judge or jury can choose to award exemplary damages in cases where you can prove, with clear and convincing evidence, that the defendant defrauded or oppressed you or acted with malice. These damages can only be awarded if your case goes to trial, and an attorney can help you make an argument for why the negligent party should be made to pay you additional compensation.
Proving Liability in a Chula Vista Personal Injury Case
To recover any compensation through a personal injury lawsuit in California, you will need to prove how your injuries were caused by another party’s negligent or willful acts. As part of your personal injury case, some of the evidence your lawyer might present include:
- Police accident reports
- Your medical records
- Photos from the scene of the accident
- Eyewitness accounts
- Testimony from expert witnesses
- Your personal account of the accident
- Pay stubs, receipts, and other proof of your financial losses
Why Do You Need an Attorney for a Personal Injury Case?
If you really wanted to, you could file a personal injury lawsuit without help from a lawyer. This is not a good idea, though. Here are a few reasons why you should seek help from an attorney before filing a personal injury lawsuit:
- Make things easy on yourself — Personal injury cases are a lot of work, especially if you are pursuing a significant amount of compensation. Doing this work while you are recovering from your injuries and trying to live your regular life is exhausting. When you hire a personal injury lawyer, they can take on most of that work for you.
- Maximizing the value of your case — When you accept an insurance settlement or win a personal injury case at trial, that is generally your only chance to claim any compensation for your injuries. This means you want to recover as much money as you can get, and that is something a lawyer can help with. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you document all the different losses you have suffered and find the proof you need to show why someone else is liable for your injuries.
- You have a limited time to act — Under California law, you have two years from the date of an accident to file a lawsuit against any potentially liable parties. That may sound like a long time, but building a strong case doesn’t happen overnight. Hiring a lawyer as soon as possible after an accident gives them plenty of time to work on your case so you can secure as much compensation as possible.
Contact a Chula Vista, CA, Personal Injury Attorney Today
The personal injury lawyers of Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers want to help if you have been seriously hurt in an accident that was someone else’s fault. And the sooner you get in touch, the more we can do to help. Visit our contact page or call (619) 233-5020 for a free consultation.