Ross Jurewitz Biography
Ross Jurewitz is the founder and CEO of Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers.
Mr. Jurewitz was licensed to practice law in California in 2000 and knew exactly what he wanted to do: help injury victims. After working for some large San Diego firms, Mr. Jurewitz took what he learned at those firms, combined them with the personal touch found at smaller firms, and started Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers in 2007.
Since then, he has become a nationally recognized personal injury attorney representing injured victims against careless people and their insurance companies in California, Florida, and throughout the United States. Both he and Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers have been recognized locally in San Diego and in nationwide publications, including Time and Newsweek® magazines, as leaders in the field of personal injury law. He is a frequent guest legal commentator on local and national television news programs, as well as an invited speaker for trial advocacy groups. He was also included on the 2023 Super Lawyers list.
As the CEO of Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers, Mr. Jurewitz supervises all attorneys and their cases. He is consistently informed of all status updates on matters and participates in strategy discussions and planning on all cases. He has has tried or arbitrated numerous cases and has successfully recovered million dollar judgments against negligent defendants on behalf of his clients. Mr. Jurewitz is also a frequent consultant and coach for other law firms, specializing in how to deliver a fantastic experience for clients.
In his spare time, Mr. Jurewitz enjoys spending time with his wife, Lee, their daughter, Ryan, and their dogs in their North County home. Mr. Jurewitz also calls Pinellas County home as he supervises the work of his team at their offices in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida. Mr. Jurewitz enjoys playing golf, traveling, and spending the Fall rooting for the University of Texas Longhorns football team.
- J.D., Washington College of Law, American University, Washington, DC, 2000
- BA, Political Science, University of California, San Diego, 1997
- Minor: Law & Society
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, December 2000
- Superior Court of California, December 2000
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, December 2000
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, June 2008
- The 10 Biggest Mistakes That Can Destroy Your California Accident Case
- The Ultimate California Motorcycle Accident Book: How to Protect Yourself from Day One
- Playing at Even Strength: The Need to Reform the Application of
Title IX to Intercollegiate Athletics American University Journal of Gender,
Social Policy and the Law