San Diego Lowe’s Premises Liability Attorneys
Premises Liability Claims Against Lowe’s Home Improvement Stores
Lowe’s is a large chain of retail stores carrying home improvement products and major appliances‚ with more than 1‚225 locations in the U.S. The products Lowe’s supplies for to do-it-yourself homeowners have increased the popularity of these stores in recent years. Aisles are filled with construction and building materials‚ equipment and machinery‚ patio furniture‚ gardening supplies‚ major appliances‚ and a range of other home improvement products.
Due to the high volume of shoppers‚ the type of merchandise‚ and the design and layout of the stores‚ accidents and injuries to shoppers are not uncommon at Lowe’s. Like other chain home improvement stores‚ Lowe’s saves space and is able to stock more inventory through high stacking of merchandise. While it may save space for the store and save time for employees‚ overhead stacking can result in falling merchandise‚ which can cause serious injuries to customers.
If you have been injured while shopping at Lowe’s as a result of a dangerous condition on the premises‚ it is in your best interests to speak with a knowledgeable lawyer as soon as possible. You may be entitled to file a claim for compensation for your damages. If you have a valid claim‚ time is of the essence‚ as evidence must be obtained and preserved in your case.
The San Diego premises liability lawyers at Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers have been representing injured California people for many years‚ and we have successfully handled a number of premises liability cases. Certain elements must be proved to establish a premises liability claim. We offer a free initial case review‚ and our attorneys can tell you if you have a case against Lowe’s‚ so please call us at (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020.
Common Causes of Accidents in Lowe’s
Common causes of accidents in warehouse-type stores such as Lowes include:
- Merchandise falling from overhead because of high stacking practices in the store.
- Sawdust on the floors or grounds that causes slip and fall accidents.
- Forklifts and other equipment used to transport heavy items that collide with customers.
- Heavy or oddly shaped items not properly secured on shelves.
- Equipment or merchandise blocking the aisles and creating tripping hazards.
- Tools or other heavy items improperly stacked‚ so they can slide and fall‚ crushing fingers and hands.
- Shelving that collapses‚ causing merchandise to fall on those nearby.
- Spills not cleaned up promptly‚ creating slip and fall hazards for customers.
To prove that Lowe’s is liable for your injuries after an accident that occurred in the store‚ you must show that Lowe’s acted in a negligent manner. To establish negligence‚ you must show that Lowe’s:
- Created the dangerous condition that caused your accident and injuries;
- Knew that the hazardous condition existed but failed to correct the problem or provide warning; or
- Should have known the hazard existed or had sufficient time to discover it.
Contact our San Diego Lowe’s Premises Liability Lawyers Today
Our legal team at Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers is committed to protecting the rights and interests of our clients. Contact our San Diego personal injury attorneys at (888) 233-5020 for the dedicated advocacy you need in a premises liability claim against Lowe’s.
Child Killed by Gang member Due to Negligent Security at San Diego Apartment Complex
Chula Vista Dangerous Condition in Gym for Handicapped Client (LA Fitness)
Escondido Dangerous Condition in Rental House
La Mesa Dangerous Condition in Apartment Complex
Poway Slip and Fall Accident in a Restaurant
San Diego Slip and Fall Accident at Apartment Complex
Carlsbad Dangerous Condition of Public Property Accident (Sued the City for Golf Course Accident)
San Diego Trip and Fall on Steps at Restaurant
Chula Vista Slip and Fall at McDonald's