Home Depot Premises Liability Lawyers in San Diego
Home Depot’s Liability for Accidents on Their Premises
Home Depot is a common place to go when the time comes for home maintenance‚ improvements‚ or repairs. This big-box chain of more than 2‚000 stores sells construction and home improvement materials‚ including power tools‚ hardware‚ heating and cooling units‚ toilets‚ sinks and bathtubs‚ home electronics‚ plumbing‚ electrical‚ and gardening supplies. Accidents can happen in this type of store‚ and Home Depot faces its share of lawsuits.
If you have been injured in a Home Depot store‚ it is in your best interests to speak with a knowledgeable lawyer. You may be entitled to recover compensation from the company for your injuries. Our San Diego premises liability attorneys at Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers offer a free case review. We can tell you if you have a valid premises liability claim‚ so please call us today at (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020.
What You Must Prove In a Home Depot Premises Liability Case
Businesses such as Home Depot are not liable for every injury that occurs at a store. To establish a premises liability claim against Home Depot‚ you must prove that:
- A hazardous condition existed on the premises.
- Home Depot either caused the dangerous condition or failed to fix it when it knew or should have known about the danger.
- You suffered injuries caused by the hazardous condition.
A dangerous condition existing on the property could be:
- Newly mopped‚ wet floors (with no warning sign posted) that could cause slip and fall accidents.
- Merchandise falling from overhead shelves and hitting customers.
- Uneven flooring or obstacles in walkways that cause customers to trip and fall.
- Improperly stacked tools that can fall and crush fingers.
- Accumulation of water or other slippery substance in an entryway.
- Sawdust on the floor or grounds causing customers to slip and fall.
Even when a dangerous condition on the property caused your injuries‚ the store still may not be liable if it is proven that they took reasonable precautions to protect its customers from harm. Stores are allowed a reasonable time under the law to discover‚ eliminate‚ or warn of hazardous conditions.
For example‚ if another customer spills something and you immediately slip and fall‚ the store may not be liable for your injuries. However‚ if a spill remains on the floor for hours‚ and employees fail to clean it up‚ the store may be liable for injuries if a customer slips and falls.
Examples of accidents for which premises liability claims have been filed against Home Depot include the following:
- A palm tree in a Home Depot store fell and struck a California woman on the shoulder and upper back‚ resulting in years of therapy.
- A loaded shopping cart dislodged by the wind rolled down a hill‚ striking a 44-year-old man in a Home Depot parking lot‚ causing back injury and a partially fractured vertebrae‚ both requiring surgery.
- A woman in Pennsylvania slipped and fell on a substance on the floor of a Home Depot‚ causing injures for which she was awarded nearly $45‚000.
Contact a San Diego Home Depot Premises Liability Attorney at Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers
If a dangerous condition in Home Depot has caused you or your loved one injury‚ Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers can help. Contact our San Diego premises liability lawyers at (888) 233-5020 for a free case review and high quality representation in premises liability matters.
Premises Liability Case Results
- Awarded: $89‚000 – Chula Vista Slip and Fall in Big Box Store (Home Depot)
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that the case results described above are not intended to be representative of usual results and not every result is typical or expected of every case. Every case is different and case values turn on small facts and differences. Please contact our office to discuss your case and the range of reasonable case values for your personal injury case.
TERMS: By viewing and reading the case values on this website‚ you are agreeing not to disseminate and distribute the case results described herein. The Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers retains any and all rights with respect to the use and enforcement of copywrite and trademark violations with respect to any use which violated state or federal law.
Child Killed by Gang member Due to Negligent Security at San Diego Apartment Complex
Chula Vista Dangerous Condition in Gym for Handicapped Client (LA Fitness)
Escondido Dangerous Condition in Rental House
La Mesa Dangerous Condition in Apartment Complex
Poway Slip and Fall Accident in a Restaurant
San Diego Slip and Fall Accident at Apartment Complex
Carlsbad Dangerous Condition of Public Property Accident (Sued the City for Golf Course Accident)
San Diego Trip and Fall on Steps at Restaurant
Chula Vista Slip and Fall at McDonald's