Trip‚ Slip‚ or Fall Accident at a Fry’s Electronics Store in San Diego
Fry’s Electronics is a big box U.S. chain store headquartered in California. It offers software‚ household appliances‚ consumer electronics‚ and computer hardware‚ along with in-store custom computer building and computer repair services. According to Hoovers‚ Fry’s is a technogeek dream store‚ established in 1985‚ that carries a range of products‚ including magazines‚ music‚ movies‚ snacks‚ and other impulse items.
As with any other business open to the public‚ Fry’s Electronics stores have a duty to maintain their premises reasonably free of hazards that could cause injury to customers and visitors‚ and to adequately warn of any dangerous conditions. When they fail to do so and accidents occur‚ they may be held liable for injuries sustained by their customers.
If you have been the victim of an accident with injuries in a Fry’s Electronics store‚ your best course of action is to consult with a knowledgeable attorney as soon possible. At Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers‚ our San Diego slip and fall lawyers have been successfully handling injury claims for many years. We can provide the high-quality representation you need in seeking full and fair compensation for your losses. Please give us a call today at (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020.
Customer Accidents in Big Box Chain Stores
Big box chain stores such as Fry’s have corporate policies in place requiring employees to inspect and maintain the premises free of hazards that could cause injuries. Policies are not always perfect‚ employees are not always sufficiently trained‚ and personnel sometimes fail to follow company policy. The result in some instances is that hazardous conditions cause injury to unsuspecting customers.
Examples of dangerous conditions that can exist in stores such as Fry’s include:
- Wet or slippery floors that can cause slip and fall accidents.
- Uneven floor surfaces or obstacles in the aisles that cause trip and fall accidents.
- Improperly stacked merchandise that can fall on customers‚ causing injuries.
- Food items‚ spills‚ and debris on the floors not promptly cleaned up‚ resulting in slip and falls
- Heavy‚ stacked items that can slip and crush the fingers of a customer.
- Unsecured items on shelves that can fall on shoppers.
- Shelving that collapses‚ causing falling merchandise.
- Forklifts and other equipment colliding with customers.
San Diego Property Owners’ Duty of Care
In California‚ property owner liability in premises liability accidents depends of the injured person’s reason for being on the premises:
- Invitees – people on the premises for business reasons‚ such as customers in stores – are owed the highest duty of care‚ to maintain the premises in a reasonably safe condition.
- Licensees – anyone who has express or implied permission to be there (such as an invited guest) – are also owed a duty to fix or warn of any concealed dangers of which the property owner (and not the licensee) is aware.
- Trespassers – individuals unlawfully on the premises – are owed no duty of care‚ except that the property owner must refrain from willfully causing harm.
Contact a San Diego Premises Liability Lawyer at (888) 233-5020 Today
After an accident with injuries in Fry’s Electronics or any other store‚ contact us as soon as possible for a free case review. Our San Diego injury attorneys at Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.