San Diego Forklift Accident Attorneys
Injured in a Forklift Accident? Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers Can Help
The sudden nature of suffering an injury on the job in a forklift accident does not only take a physical toll‚ but is also emotionally and financially taxing. Obtaining proper compensation following a forklift accident is imperative in order for an injured construction worker to recover‚ as it can help with things like medical bills and lost wages. The circumstances of the accident and how it was caused will dictate how the injured party can receive damages.
To ensure that you fully understand your legal rights and options‚ you may want to speak with a San Diego forklift accident lawyer at the Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers. We are committed to protecting the rights of our clients and securing their financial future so that they can focus on recovery and rebuilding their lives.
Fighting Against Negligence
Forklift accidents are a very common type of workplace accident due to negligence‚ which accounts for a large number of on-the-job injuries. This type of accident can be caused by many different factors‚ including human error and various elements in the workplace. The following are common causes of forklift accidents:
- Operator Error: Although forklift drivers should be trained and licensed before operating a forklift‚ a majority of accidents are caused by driver error. A forklift driver may lack the proper training and knowledge needed to safely operate it. Other causes may include speeding‚ not following safety rules‚ and careless driving.
- Faulty Equipment: Forklift equipment that is not functioning properly may also contribute to an accident. For example‚ a forklift should have suitable tires and a working horn to alert pedestrians.
- Work Environment: The design of a workplace can unfortunately also cause forklift accidents. Inadequate lighting can make it difficult for the driver to see; aisle width is a frequent contributor to these accidents (narrow aisles make for harder maneuvering); or blind spots like intersections‚ which make it difficult to see what lies ahead‚ can cause an incident.
The majority of forklift-related fatalities are largely caused by tipovers‚ and a load that is too heavy or unstable can create a dangerous hazard. Operators should be properly trained in forklift safety and driving techniques to help avoid a serious workplace accident.
Who is Liable in a Forklift Accident in San Diego?
A number of different parties may be held liable for the accident‚ so the injured victim may want to speak with an attorney for assistance. If a person was a bystander‚ such as a pedestrian‚ and was hurt by the forklift‚ he or she can file a personal injury lawsuit to obtain compensation for their injuries. This type of claim will likely be against the company responsible for the forklift and its driver.
If the company that employs the driver of the forklift has workers’ compensation insurance‚ and they should‚ then a manager‚ contractor‚ or subcontractor may be held responsible for injuries or fatalities that may result from the accident if they are determined to have been negligent. In addition‚ if a worker lacks proper tools and safety equipment or the truck is ill-maintained‚ responsible parties may be held liable and the worker may file a workers’ compensation claim. In the event a forklift accident is caused by non-functioning equipment on the actual forklift‚ then the manufacturer of the forklift may be held accountable for the accident.
Helping You Recover
A forklift accident can leave a person with serious‚ life-threatening injuries‚ and can permanently impact his or life. When a forklift accident is caused by the negligence of another party‚ a San Diego workplace accident lawyer with the Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers can help you obtain full compensation to help you recover from your injuries and get back on your feet. We are committed to protecting the rights of victims and will use our years of legal experience to get you a successful case result. Call our offices at (888) 233-5020 for a no-cost consultation.
- Powered Industrial Trucks – Forklifts
- Preventing Injuries and Deaths of Workers Who Operate or Work Near Forklifts