Carlsbad Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys
As development in Carlsbad continues, the roads are becoming more and more congested every day. And more drivers on the road means more hazards. Texting and driving, inattention, and other forms of distracted driving are responsible for many accidents throughout Carlsbad and Southern California.
Were you or a loved one injured in a car accident in Carlsbad due to distracted driving? Are you now struggling to pay for costly medical expenses? The experienced attorneys at the Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers are ready to help.
Our team can take aggressive legal action against all liable parties, and secure the compensation you’re entitled to. To learn more, contact us today at 619-349-1663 and schedule a free consultation with our Carlsbad car accident attorney.
Types of Distracted Driving Accidents We Handle
Technology has brought new levels of convenience for driving, but when misused, technology in the car can also be a major distraction. Inattention due to technology is a huge factor in car accidents throughout Southern California, including Carlsbad.
In fact, the OTS Distracted Driving Fact Sheet revealed that there was a 2.2% increase in distracted driving in CA due to electronic device use. Additionally, 59.6% of California drivers stated they’ve either been hit or have almost got into an accident, due to the other driver talking on the phone or texting.
Among the distracted driving cases we handle, cases involving texting are some of the most common. We also handle a wide range of other distracted driving cases, including:
- Talking on the phone and driving
- Using other electronic devices behind the wheel
- Switching audio settings
- Eating while driving
- Putting on makeup while driving
While some of these might seem harmless, even a brief moment of inattention on the road can have disastrous consequences. If you were harmed due to the above or a similar instance of distracted driving, our attorneys can help.
Recent Cases We’ve Handled
Our proven track record of success includes millions of dollars recovered for people just like you. Here are some of our recent settlements and verdicts for motor vehicle accident victims:
- $19,150,00 recovered for a case involving a tractor-trailer that crossed all lanes of oncoming traffic, killing a mother and her daughter.
- $1,014,299 recovered for a motorcyclist who was struck when an SUV made an illegal left turn against a red light.
- $550,000 recovered for a pedestrian who was visiting San Diego and was struck by an amphibious tour bus.
In every one of the above cases, we were able to recover much more than the initial amount offered by the insurance company. Our goal is to secure the compensation that you deserve and not a penny less.
Why Choose the Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers?
After a car accident, many people choose to pursue compensation on their own. While this is always an option, it’s best to have an attorney fight on your behalf at the outset. When you choose the Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers to handle your Carlsbad distracted driving accident case, you can expect:
- A Legal Team that Cares: In the wake of a serious accident, you need a dedicated legal team who cares. We view our relationships with clients as partnerships. This personalized approach allows us to really understand your needs and concerns, so we can devise a customized legal strategy.
- A Proven Track Record: We will work tirelessly to get the compensation you deserve. Our legal team never settles for less, and it’s not uncommon for us to recover hundreds of thousands more than the insurance company’s initial offering.
- Expertise in Personal Injury Cases: When pursuing compensation on your own, the opposing insurance company is counting on you to be intimidated by the legal process. We won’t let that happen. From day one, our law firm has focused solely on personal injury and car accident cases. Our priority is to uphold your rights, and secure the highest compensation available.
What To Do After a Car Accident in Carlsbad
If you’re not severely injured, you should take photos of the scene of the accident, which can be used later if you plan on pursuing compensation. You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver, and call the police to make a report.
If your injuries are severe, you should seek medical attention immediately. Once you’ve been released, be sure to obtain a copy of your medical records. These can also be used if you intend to file a claim.
Next, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help you:
- File a Claim by the Deadline: Sometimes, a settlement can be obtained out of court. But if you cannot reach an agreement with the insurance company, then you’ll need to file a personal injury lawsuit in court to pursue compensation. After the statute of limitations has passed, you can no longer file a lawsuit. An attorney will handle all of this on your behalf to ensure no deadlines are missed.
- Conduct an Investigation: Did you know that California is a comparative fault state? This means that even if you were partly responsible for the accident, you may still be able to recover compensation. Your lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation to maximize your compensation and minimize fault on your behalf.
- Document Your Damages: When you file a lawsuit, your compensation will depend on your “damages,” which is a term referring to your extent of harm. By documenting your ongoing and long-term damages, your attorney can ensure you are fully compensated for the harm you’ve endured.
Talk to a Carlsbad Distracted Driving Accident Attorney
If you were injured in Carlsbad due to a distracted driver, it’s important to know that you’re not alone, and the Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers will be ready to stand up for you. Victims of car accidents in California are entitled to compensation if their injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence.
To learn more about your legal options, give us a call at 619-349-1663. Our Carlsbad car accident attorneys will evaluate your case at a free consultation, and address any questions or concerns you may have.