El Cajon Bike Accident Attorneys
Cycling is a healthy‚ environmentally conscious‚ and convenient way to travel around town. And Southern California has the perfect climate for year round riding. Unfortunately‚ bicycle riders must share the state’s roads with vehicles that are much larger‚ heavier‚ and more powerful. If you or a family member has been involved in an accident with a motor vehicle while riding a bicycle‚ you need to consult an experienced El Cajon accident attorney.
Jurewitz Law Group‚ with offices in San Diego County‚ has represented El Cajon bicycle accident victims for years. Our aggressive legal team will fight passionately on your behalf‚ and seek the best settlement possible.
Call the Jurewitz Law Group today at (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020 to schedule a free consultation.
Grim Statistics About Bicycle Accidents
Cyclist deaths account for approximately two percent of all fatalities involving motor vehicles in the United States. California leads the way in this category with a total of 338 bikers killed in collisions with motor vehicles in 2013. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that nearly 500‚000 emergency room visits result from bicycle accidents each year. The CDC also estimates that nonfatal bicycle accidents result in lifetime medical costs and productivity losses of $10 billion per year.
Damages Possible in a Bicycle vs. Motor Vehicle Accident
Recent studies have shown that in 56 percent of all bicycle/motor vehicle accidents‚ the motor vehicle was at fault. If a cyclist is injured due to the negligent or careless actions of a driver‚ they have the legal right to sue for any of the following damages:
- Property damage and loss
- Current medical bills (including ambulance fees and emergency room costs)
- Future medical costs (such as skin grafts‚ bone reconstruction‚ and other surgeries)
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Household and vehicle modifications while you recover (such as wheelchair ramps‚ etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of wages from missed work
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Permanent injury or disability
- Wrongful death damages
Wrongful Death Damages for Fatal Bike Accidents in El Cajon
In the tragic event where you’ve lost a loved one in a cycle/motor vehicle accident‚ you and your family may pursue the following damages:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before they died
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (such as medical benefits and retirement benefits)
- Loss of love‚ affection‚ companionship‚ guidance‚ etc.
- Loss of household duties the deceased performed (such as chores‚ childcare‚ property maintenance‚ repairs‚ etc.)
Bicycle Accident Statute of Limitations
It is important to act quickly following an accident‚ because California has strict statutes of limitation for filing lawsuits. For both wrongful death and personal injury suits‚ the statute of limitation is two years.
Contact an Experienced El Cajon Bike Accident Attorney for Help at (619) 233-5020
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident‚ you’re not alone. The El Cajon bike accident lawyers at Jurewitz Law Group will take a personal interest in your case and fight to get you the settlement you deserve. We have been fighting for the rights of accident victims for over 15 years.
Call (888) 233-5020 for a free case evaluation.