San Diego No-Zone Accident Attorneys
Drivers who operate big rigs and other large trucks must be aware of vehicles surrounding their blind spots—also known as “no-zones.” While other drivers must be vigilant, as well, truckers have to take extra precautions to protect other motorists.
Accidents can’t always be avoided, but many no-zone collisions are caused by negligent truck drivers. Were you recently harmed in a blind-spot accident through no fault of your own? If so, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries.
When pursuing compensation, it’s critical to hire an experienced attorney to fight on your behalf. At Jurewitz Law Group, our experienced legal team has helped people just like you take aggressive legal action against trucking companies. We can help you secure the financial compensation you’re entitled to, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
To schedule a free consultation with our no-zone accident attorney, contact our San Diego office today at (888) 233-5020.
Understanding How No-Zone Accidents Occur
Big rigs, 18-wheelers, and other commercial trucks are immense compared to most vehicles on the road. This makes it difficult for truckers to maintain visibility of surrounding vehicles. Although mirrors help, there are specific areas that are not visible at all to truck drivers. We refer to these areas as no-zones or blind spots.
Recognizing these dangers, Congress instructed the Federal Highway Administration in the early 1990s to increase awareness about how to safely drive alongside big trucks. During this time, they recognized four primary no-zones:
- About 20 feet directly in front of the truck
- About 30 feet directly behind the truck
- Directly behind the truck driver’s door
- Directly behind the truck passenger’s door
When a car enters any of the above blind spots, it is essentially invisible to the truck driver. This is why truckers must always be aware of cars that are approaching their no-zones. Truckers must also take precautions when turning, since they have a much larger turning radius than typical vehicles.
If a trucker fails to notice that a car has entered a blind spot, they may travel into their lane and collide. Due to commercial trucks’ immense size, this can have disastrous consequences for the other driver.
Why You Need an Attorney for a No-Zone Truck Accident Claim
Pursuing compensation on your own for any type of car accident is an uphill battle. But when it comes to large truck accidents, the process is even more complex.
Here’s why it’s essential to have an attorney fight on your behalf:
- Complex Liability: Liability isn’t always straightforward in no-zone truck accidents. You may need to hire an accident reconstruction service or a relevant expert to determine exactly how the accident occurred, and who was at fault. Establishing who was negligent will ultimately affect how much compensation you can recover.
- Comparative Fault: California is a comparative fault state. This means that even if you were partially at fault for the accident, you still might be able to recover compensation. But you can bet that the truck insurance carrier will try to minimize their fault as much as possible. An experienced attorney can fight on your behalf to ensure you receive what you’re entitled to.
- Significant Damages: No-zone truck collisions are known for causing severe injuries. You might be facing astronomical medical costs, and lost wages from missing work. This is where an attorney can help. While you focus on recovering, your attorney will work toward ensuring you’re fully paid back for what you’ve endured.
- Tough Insurance Carriers: Truck insurance carriers are counting on the fact that you want a speedy resolution. As a result, it’s not uncommon for them to offer low-ball settlements. We won’t let that happen. When you choose Jurewitz Law Group to handle your case, we’ll take aggressive legal action and will take the case to trial, if needed. Our goal is to secure the financial support you need, and not a penny less.
Our Track Record of Success for Truck Accident Victims
The legal team of Jurewitz Law Group is known nationwide for securing significant settlements and verdicts for victims of truck accidents. We understand how these accidents can alter people’s lives in an instant. This is why we work tirelessly to uphold our clients’ rights and demand the highest compensation available.
Some of our recent settlements and verdicts include:
- $19,150,000 recovered on behalf of a mother and daughter who were killed when a tractor-trailer crossed into their lane.
- $430,000 recovered for a commercial truck that collided with a passenger vehicle in Vista, CA.
- $550,000 recovered on behalf of a pedestrian who was struck by a large commercial vehicle in San Diego, CA.
- $97,500 recovered for a San Diego woman who was T-boned by a tow truck in Poway, CA.
Compensation You May Be Entitled to After a No-Zone Accident
Many truck insurance policies do not cover pain and suffering for accident victims. However, the state of California allows victims of truck accidents to seek full compensation. This includes compensation for both economic and non-economic harm.
If you secure a settlement or verdict, your compensation may cover:
- The cost of medical care related to your injuries
- Ambulance fees and hospitalization costs
- The cost of wheelchairs, walkers, neck braces, and other assistive devices
- Lost income and/or loss of future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship, if you’re filing on behalf of a loved one who died
Contact a San Diego No-Zone Truck Accident Attorney
If you plan on pursuing compensation after a no-zone accident, timing is critical. There are state deadlines that dictate when you can file a lawsuit. After these deadlines have passed, the court will not allow you to file suit.
At Jurewitz Law Group, our experienced San Diego truck accident attorneys are ready to review your case. We can meet with you at a free consultation and discuss your potential options for compensation. If you decide to take legal action, we won’t charge you a dime unless we recover compensation on your behalf.
Call us today at (888) 233-5020 to meet with a knowledgeable member of our team today.