If you are injured in a collision caused by another person, you should contact a car accident lawyer so they can help you get the compensation you deserve. An experienced San Diego car accident lawyer will review your circumstances and help you build a strong case for your personal injury claim or lawsuit to get you the compensation you deserve.
When you are injured in a collision because of someone else’s wrongdoing, you will need to file an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover compensation. An attorney will help you in the claim and lawsuit process by doing the following:
- Identifying all the liable parties
- Investigating the collision in detail
- Gathering all relevant evidence, including medical records, police reports, witness statements, and information concerning missed work
- Obtaining and reviewing a copy of the liable party’s insurance policy
- Drafting and sending a demand letter to the liable party’s insurance requesting the compensation you deserve
- Communicating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiating a fair settlement
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit and representing you in court if a fair settlement cannot be reached
- Providing you with regular updates throughout the settlement and lawsuit process
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
You should contact an attorney if you were injured in a collision caused by someone else’s negligence, regardless of the severity of the injuries. An experienced car accident attorney will make a difference in the amount of compensation you can obtain. They understand how to deal with stubborn insurance adjusters.
An insurance adjuster is an insurance company employee who will be assigned to your claim, and their goal is usually to pay you as little money as possible to save the insurance company money. Car accident attorneys regularly deal with insurance adjusters, so they are used to dealing with the adjusters in a manner that gets you the compensation you deserve.
When to Call a Lawyer After a Car Accident
You should contact a car accident attorney immediately after you are injured in a collision caused by another person. Having an attorney on your side can make a difference in the compensation you receive from the liable party’s insurance and can help reduce any stress you may have surrounding claims and lawsuits.
Once you hire an attorney, they will be able to handle all communications with the insurance company on your behalf, so you do not have to deal with a professional negotiator. Additionally, having an attorney from the outset of a collision claim will intimidate the insurance adjuster because it shows that you will not accept lowball compensation offers. You are not afraid to file a personal injury lawsuit if you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
How Much Do Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
The cost of a car accident lawyer depends on how severe the injuries are and how much time an attorney puts into working on your case. The attorney’s fees will be based on one of the following fee structures:
- Contingency: Car accident attorneys may work on a contingency fee basis. This means there will be no upfront charges to you, and they will only get paid if you receive compensation. If you receive compensation, they will get a predetermined percentage of your settlement or award before the money gets distributed to you.
- Flat fee: Under a flat fee structure, you will pay a set amount for the work as outlined in the fee agreement you sign. If the attorney performs work not outlined in the fee agreement, it will cost extra, so make sure anything you might ask the attorney for is included in the fee agreement.
- Hourly rate: Under an hourly rate fee structure, you will pay your attorney based on how many hours they work on your behalf. You will receive itemized invoices of the work performed and how many hours it took the attorney to do the work. Before agreeing to the hourly fee structure, you can ask the attorney for an estimate of the total cost to understand better the amount of time your case will take and how much it will cost.
Contact a Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers Car Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
If you were injured in a crash caused by another person, you should hire an experienced San Diego car accident attorney of Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers. Our attorneys will review your case and help you determine the compensation you deserve in your car accident case. We could fight for you to receive the full amount of compensation you’re entitled to. Contact us at (619) 233-5020 for a free case evaluation, or reach us through our online form.