Alas, the San Diego Chargers’ bid for an appearance in Super Bowl XLVIII has been dashed after having been eliminated by the Denver Broncos in the playoffs 24-17, but that doesn’t mean we still can’t enjoy the Super Bowl (or at least try).
So, to get you prepared for this year’s Super Sunday extravaganza, which will be played on February 2 at the New York/New Jersey MetLife Stadium, the Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers has gathered some very important facts about the Super Bowl Sunday that you may not know.
- The average number of people at a Super Bowl party is 17.
- One out of every 12 people who watch the Super Bowl only watch it for the commercials.
- 1.23 billion chicken wings are consumed on Super Bowl Sunday. That adds up to 100 million pounds of chicken.
- Not surprisingly, the average Super Bowl viewer will consume 1,200 calories while snacking.
- 48 million Americans will order takeout or delivery on Super Bowl Sunday and 51.7 million cases of beer will be sold.
- People watching the Super Bowl will consume 11.2 million pounds of potato chips. Some 8 million pounds of guacamole will be consumed with those chips.
- Out of the top 10 shows watched in U.S. television history, nine of them were Super Bowl telecasts.
- About one-third of Americans bet on the Super Bowl each year.
- Weirdly, in the past 20 years, 17 Super Bowls have been won by the team from the city with the lower unemployment rate.
- Four teams have never appeared in the Super Bowl: Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Houston Texans.
- The NFL pays for up to 150 Super Bowl rings for the winning team at $5,000 per ring.
- The Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers will not be advertising on the Super Bowl Broadcast. Advertisers will be paying as much as $3.5 million for a 30-second commercial.
- The cost was $40,000 for a 30-second spot in the first Super Bowl.
The Jurewitz Law Group Injury & Accident Lawyers hopes that you enjoy Super Bowl Sunday when it rolls around. Oh, and offer a Chargers fan a pity potato chip and chicken wing during the game if you get the chance.