Blake Berger Biography
Blake Berger is originally from West Chester, Pennsylvania, but after high school, he began moving west. First, he attended the University of Colorado at Boulder, graduating in three years, and receiving a degree in English Literature with a minor in World History. Then, Blake moved to San Diego, where he earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of San Diego, School of Law.
Blake is a third-generation attorney carrying on the family legacy that began with his Great Uncle. His father and brother actively practice personal injury law on the East Coast and remain a wealth of knowledge and support. Prior to joining Jurewitz Law Group | Injury & Accident Lawyers, Blake gained extensive litigation experience in various fields, including, but not limited to, personal injury, general civil litigation, business litigation, and family law, often representing clients in complex matters. His extensive knowledge of civil procedure and experience in the courtroom helps him to better represent injured plaintiffs. Blake is also an adjunct professor of law at Southwestern Community College, where he teaches Introduction to Business Law, covering topics including torts, negligence, corporate formation, and business ethics.
Outside of work, Blake enjoys spending time with his wife, Nicky, and their army of fur babies, comprised of a golden retriever and four cats. The newlyweds also have a little girl on the way, who will surely be the envy of every other child at show and tell when she brings in some of her many pets. Blake is a fitness enthusiast and can often be found in the gym. He also enjoys writing poetry and traveling when he can find the time.
- Juris Doctorate, University of San Diego School of Law, 2015
- Bachelors of Arts, English Literature, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2012
- California Superior Courts, 2016
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, 2021
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 2022
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member since 2013Louis M. Welsch Inns of Court, Member 2017-2020USD Education & Disabilities Clinic, Member 2013-2014San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, Member 2013