San Diego Injured Child Attorneys
Legal Help for Children Who Have Been Seriously Injured
If your child has been injured as a result of another person's careless actions, contact the Jurewitz Law Group as soon as you can. With our assistance, you and your child will have a fighting chance at gaining the financial support necessary for medical care, lost time at work, and other losses. But do not wait to call. The sooner you act, the stronger your chances of getting full and fair compensation from the at-fault party. Call (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020 for a free consultation. At Jurewitz Law Group, we have a No Fee Guarantee. If we accept your case, you will not owe us a cent unless we reach a settlement or judgment on your case.
How Can an Attorney Help Me with My San Diego Child Injury Claim Case?
At Jurewitz Law Group, our San Diego child injury lawyers do not only provide clientele with aggressive and devoted legal representation, but also have the resources to back it up. We will use the full scope of our skills, knowledge, and connections to ensure that the party responsible for your child's injuries is held liable, whether that party is comprised of an individual or a company. In order to accomplish this, we may:
- Consult with medical experts to determine the extent of your child's injuries and the associated costs;
- Make a complete reconstruction of the accident that hurt your child, with help from professionals;
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the accident site and gather material evidence; and,
- Attain witness statements.
We will also help you handle the insurance company and prevent them from sabotaging your claim. Please be sure to speak with one of our attorneys before giving anything, whether it's a recorded statement or a signature, to the insurance adjuster.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), report that more than 9.2 million individuals between the ages of zero and 19 visit the emergency room for accidental injuries.
What are the Statistics Regarding Child Injury?
Below are important facts and statistics on child injuries:
- Male children generally have a higher injury rate than female children.
- Falls are the leading cause of child injury, sending approximately 2.8 million children to the emergency room each year.
- Children between the ages of zero and nine are more likely to be injured by being struck by or against an object, bitten by an animal, or stung by an insect.
- Children between the ages of 10 and 14 are more likely to be injured by being struck by or against an object and overexertion.
- Children between the ages of 15 and 19 are more likely to be injured in motor vehicle accidents.
- Suffocation is the leading cause of injury for infants less than one year of age.
It is very important that you watch your child closely in order to prevent them from being injured. If your child is a teen, remind them on a frequent basis about safe behavior, even if it doesn't seem like they're listening; they are.
The Ugly Truth About Child Injury
As much as we don’t want to think or hear about a child being hurt, we can’t avoid the fact that children are extremely vulnerable to injury and serious injuries to children do occur. As a parent, you do everything within your power to protect your child and keep them safe. Unfortunately, that is not always enough. Let’s look at some recent cases where negligence of a certain party led to the injury of children:
- As a resident of the San Diego area, you probably remember the recent incident where a 68 to 70 year old grandmother accidently ran her car into 10 people - nine children, including an 11 month old - outside a Del Mar Heights elementary school. Fortunately, the most serious injury was a broken leg that a five year old suffered. While the grandmother was not criminally charged, she may certainly face civil charges from parents whose children were injured for the recovery of medical costs, and more.
- A truly tragic occurrence took place in Seal Beach when a reportedly “drugged” driver caused a chain reaction accident that resulted in the death of a seven year old girl and serious injury to her 13 year old sister. The 36 year old driver who caused the accident has been charged with Gross Vehicular Manslaughter, but he may also face civil charges for wrongful death and serious injuries.
- It’s not always a negligent driver that can cause injury to a child, a child can also be injured by a defective product. Car seat manufacturer Combi USA recently issued a recall for certain models of its car seats. Government studies have found that these seats put small children at an increased risk for chest injuries. If a child was injured due to a design or manufacturing flaw in this product, the car seat’s manufacturer could be held liable for that child’s injuries.
These are just a few real world examples of negligence causing injury to a child. Unfortunately, there are many more ways for a child to be injured, such as falls from playground equipment, swimming pool accidents, trips and falls, sports injuries, and many more.
Keeping Your Child's Future Bright
The personal injury lawyers in San Diego at the Jurewitz Law Group are committed to ensuring that every child has a fair shot at a bright future, no matter what. If another person is responsible for harming your child, we will take every measure possible to hold him or her accountable. Let us fight to get you the money you need to give your child the best care possible. Contact us today at (888) 233-5020 or (619) 233-5020.
Child Injury Case Results
- Awarded: Confidential Six-Figure Settlement - San Diego Child Killed by Gangmember Due to Negligent Security at San Diego Apartment Complex
- Awarded: Partial Settlement of $337,500 - Dangerous Condition at San Diego Apartment Complex Leads Crush Injury to Child's Foot
- Awarded: $100,000 Settlement - Car Strikes Chula Vista Children Crossing the Street
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that the case results described above are not intended to be representative of usual results and not every result is typical or expected of every case. Every case is different and case values turn on small facts and differences. Please contact our office to discuss your case and the range of reasonable case values for your personal injury case.
TERMS: By viewing and reading the case values on this website, you are agreeing not to disseminate and distribute the case results described herein. The Jurewitz Law Group retains any and all rights with respect to the use and enforcement of copywrite and trademark violations with respect to any use which violated state or federal law.
- Has Your Child Broken or Fractured a Bone in San Diego?
- September 15, 2016
- Common Health Injuries Found at Kids Summer Camps
- August 22, 2016
- Who is Responsible for San Diego Swimming Pool Related Injuries?
- June 14, 2016
- Broken Bone Injuries Commonly Suffered By Encinitas Children
- June 10, 2016
- Burn Injuries Commonly Suffered By Carlsbad Children
- June 6, 2016
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.