Wal-Mart Premises Liability Lawyer in San Diego
Injured on Walmart Premises
Most people in the U.S. have shopped at Wal-Mart. It is the largest retailer in the world, and has been the largest corporation in the world based on revenue. Big box chain retail stores such as Wal-Mart have a high risk of accidents and injuries if they are not managed properly, including regular inspections and maintenance to eliminate safety hazards.
Like any business, Wal-Mart has a responsibility to its customers to maintain the premises in a reasonably safe condition. When it fails to do so and accidents occur, injured victims may hold the company accountable for the losses they have sustained.
If you have been hurt in an accident at Wal-Mart because of dangerous conditions on the property, your best course of action is to consult with a lawyer well-versed in premises liability law, and as soon as possible. Wal-Mart has a reputation for being particularly aggressive in defending against lawsuits.
Jurewitz Law Group can help if you are seeking compensation for injuries sustained at Wal-Mart. Our San Diego slip and fall attorneys have been successfully representing injured California people for many years, and we are committed to protecting the rights of our clients. You can reach us by calling (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020.
How Wal-Mart Handles Personal Injury Claims in San Diego
A corporation the size of Wal-Mart facing approximately 5,000 lawsuits a year has its own system for dealing with personal injury claims and lawsuits. It has set up a subsidiary company known as Claims Management to act as its own third-party insurance adjuster. This company does the legwork involved in processing claims. It manages, tracks, and assesses the value of claims filed against Wal-Mart.
It collects information from injured victims, and will try to get a recorded statement from the person filing the claim for personal injury. It is important to remember, when dealing with Claims Management, that you are actually dealing with Wal-Mart.
Wal-Mart Premises Liability Lawsuits
Wal-Mart attorneys fight hard against lawsuits, including premises liability claims. However, injured customers have won victories against Wal-Mart, for example:
- A 37-year-old Louisiana woman slipped and fell on a wet, soapy floor in Wal-Mart, injuring her knee, foot, and shoulder. All of her injuries required surgical repair. Wal-Mart failed to warn of the potential hazard (no warning signs were placed), and the plaintiff was awarded $130,110 in damages.
- A 42-year-old woman in El Paso slipped and fell in the meat department in Wal-Mart. She was ambulanced to the emergency room and treated for disc herniations, disc bulges, sprained ankle, annular tear, and torn ligament in her right knee. The jury awarded the plaintiff $199,112.
- A 22-year-old woman in Georgia who was 8 months pregnant slipped and fell on a greasy substance on the floor while shopping in Wal-Mart, injuring her back. Fortunately, she was able to carry her baby full term, but after the birth, she was diagnosed with a painful type of back injury, caused by the slip and fall accident and untreatable through surgery. The jury awarded $1.3 million to the plaintiff and her husband (for loss of consortium).
Need a Top San Diego Walmart Premises Liability Claim Attorney?
If you are pursuing compensation for your injuries from Wal-Mart, you will need a legal advocate with the skills and resources to fight for the recovery you deserve. Contact a San Diego personal injury lawyer at Jurewitz Law Group at (888) 233-5020 for a free case review. You can rely on us for the dedicated representation you need.
- San Diego Residents vs. San Diego Sidewalks
- July 6, 2018
- Stadium Premises Liability in San Diego
- September 20, 2016
- Who Is Responsible for a Slip, Trip, or Fall on a San Marcos Sidewalk?
- May 30, 2016
- Thousands of Tripping Hazards Found on San Diego Sidewalks
- September 22, 2014
- Controversy Continues Over San Diego’s Cracked Sidewalks
- February 11, 2014
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.