Bed Bath & Beyond Premises Liability Lawyer in San Diego
Claims for Accidents at Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond is a well-known department store, specializing in bedding, bath furniture and towels, home décor, and household appliances, with hundreds of locations in California. With its homey ambiance, safety hazards may be the last thing a visitor would expect at Bed Bath & Beyond store. Nevertheless, a number of premises liability lawsuits have been filed against this home-decorating department store by shoppers who have been injured on the premises.
If you have been injured as a result of unsafe conditions at Bed Bath & Beyond, the best thing to do is to consult with a knowledgeable attorney at the earliest opportunity. Our San Diego personal injury attorneys at Jurewitz Law Group have been successfully representing injured California people for many years. We have recovered substantial settlements and awards for our clients in a number of premises liability claims. You can have confidence that we will fight for a favorable outcome in your case.
Bed Bath & Beyond Premises Liability Accidents
When property owner negligence causes accidents and injuries, premises liability claims may arise. Among the shoppers injured in Bed Bath & Beyond stores, lawsuits have been filed by:
- A registered nurse in Brooklyn, NY claims that, while she was shopping, she was struck by comforters that had been stored as "op stock" and fell from a 15-18 ft. high shelf. This woman suffered a herniated disc in the neck as a result of the accident, along with aggravation of a previously herniated disc in her lower back.
- A Texas man was shopping in Bed Bath & Beyond when he was knocked unconscious by plastic trash cans that fell from a shelf while a store employee was attempting to remove items from the shelf. This victim claims a degenerative back condition as a result of the injury.
- A Cook County, Illinois shopper sued the department store after he tripped and fell on a ladder with the base hidden from view and the legs extending out into the aisle. This gentleman is seeking compensation in excess of $50,000, plus attorney fees and costs, according to the Cook County Record.
- A shopper in Gretna, Louisiana is suing Bed Bath & Beyond for serious injuries to her neck and back sustained in an accident that occurred in the store. She claims that boxes fell from a shelf overhead and struck her while she was shopping.
Property Owner Responsibility for Injuries Sustained on the Premises
In the state of California, stores such as Bed Bath & Beyond have an obligation to their customers and visitors to remove any and all hazards, or at least give adequate warning, so that "invitees" to the property are not injured by hazards existing on the premises. When they fail to do so, an injured customer or party may seek compensation in a claim for damages.
Contact our San Diego Bed Bath & Beyond Premises Liability Lawyers Today
If you have been hurt in an accident that occurred in a store or on someone else’s property, contact us for a free case review. Our San Diego premises liability lawyers at Jurewitz Law Group know the law, and we offer a free case evaluation in Bed, Bath & Beyond injury cases - call (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020 now.
- San Diego Residents vs. San Diego Sidewalks
- July 6, 2018
- Stadium Premises Liability in San Diego
- September 20, 2016
- Who is Responsible for a Slip, Trip, or Fall on a San Marcos Sidewalk?
- May 30, 2016
- Thousands of Tripping Hazards Found on San Diego Sidewalks
- September 22, 2014
- Controversy Continues Over San Diego’s Cracked Sidewalks
- February 11, 2014
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.