San Diego Apartment Slip and Fall Lawyers
Apartment Premises Liability
We've all lived in less than ideal apartments at one point or another. The kind of place where the landlord never seems to be around, but will gladly take your check every month. The roof leaks, the windows are sealed shut, and there seems to be something wrong with the elevator just about every week.
But what happens when your apartment goes from being a nuisance property to a serious liability? After all the collective complaining and avoiding the trouble spots someone finally gets hurt? Of course, if the individual who is injured happens to be you or a loved one, the real question becomes - what can you do about it?
Fortunately, under California state law, deadbeat landlords and building owners can be held liable for injuries suffered on their property. If you, or a loved one, have recently suffered a broken bone or any other type of injury in your building, then it may be time to speak with a committed San Diego premises liability attorney.
For years, the Jurewitz Law Group has successful dealt with negligent property owners who put their tenants at risk. As our track record shows, we are relentless in our pursuit against these careless operators.
Depending on the types of injuries you have suffered and how much your building owner's negligence contributed to your injuries, you could be eligible for damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
Contact our San Diego personal injury law office today and schedule a free consultation at (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020.
What is Negligence?
One of the most common terms you'll hear in regards to personal injury claims is "negligence."
Landlords and property owners have a duty to maintain a certain level of safety in their buildings. If these standards are not met and their property is hazardous to those living in it and anyone visiting, they could be considered negligent. Negligence is a critical component to any personal injury case. To successfully establish an apartment liability claim, it must be thoroughly proven.
How is this Done?
Through intensive investigation and research. Examining the building in question from top to bottom. Revealing any past infractions in other buildings owned by the same individual or company. Obtaining witness statements from other residents. Retrieving any photographs or videos that clearly show that the owner of the building was aware of the problem and failed to do anything about it.
San Diego Apartment Premises Liability Attorneys - Taking the Fight to Them
At the Jurewitz Law Group, we take apartment liability serious. Time and time again we've helped innocent people, even children and the elderly, from being taken advantage of by negligent building owners throughout the greater San Diego region. If you've been involved in an accident in your building and believe the owner of the property to be at-fault, don't wait another moment.
Give us a call and schedule a free case review with one of our San Diego personal injury lawyers. The sooner you are able to speak with us, the sooner we can begin investigating your claim.
The number to call is (888) 233-5020.
For more information about past apartment liability cases we have represented, review some of the links below:
- Confidential Six-Figure Settlement - San Diego Child Killed by Gangmember Due to Negligent Security at San Diego Apartment Complex
- Partial Settlement of $337,500 - Dangerous Condition at San Diego Apartment Complex Leads Crush Injury to Child's Foot
- $119,923.51 - Toxic Mold Infestation in San Diego Condominium
- 7-Month-Old Baby Boy Dies after Falling from Apartment in Normal Heights
- Child Severely Injured After Being Mauled By Pit Bull in Oceanside Home
- Car Crashes Into East County Apartment
- Landlords' And Tenants' Responsibilities For Habitability And Repairs: Legal Guide LT-8
- Dealing With Problems - California Department of Consumer Affairs
- Most Common Cart Derailment Injuries at Amusement Parks
- November 3, 2016
- Stadium Premises Liability in San Diego
- September 20, 2016
- Who is Responsible for a Slip, Trip, or Fall on a San Marcos Sidewalk?
- May 30, 2016
- Controversy Continues Over San Diego’s Cracked Sidewalks
- February 11, 2014
- Premises Liability Law – Legal Information for Injured Victims
- January 29, 2013
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.