Compensation for RSD Injury or CRPS in San Diego
RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) or CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), also referred to as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), is a chronic disease characterized by intense, chronic pain that is out of proportion to the injury that caused it. Patients may first begin to experience RSD or CRPS symptoms following injuries, surgeries, strokes, and heart attacks. The exact cause of this disease is not known, but this condition is progressive and can become debilitating.
If you have begun experiencing symptoms of RSD following an injury or medical treatment, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim. But, such lawsuits can be complex. It is in your best interest to pursue your claim under the guidance of a qualified San Diego injury attorney. Jurewitz Law Group has been successfully representing Southern California injury victims since 2000. Call our award-winning legal team today at (888) 233-5020 today for a no-cost case evaluation.
Symptoms of RSD/CRPS
RSD can affect any part of the body and can carry with it a cornucopia of symptoms, including:
- Constant throbbing or burning pain
- Extreme sensitivity to cold or touch
- Swelling of the affected area
- Changes in skin temperature
- Sweating in the affected area
- Changes in skin color (which can range anywhere from white and mottled, to blue or red)
- Changes of skin texture in the affected area
- Changes in hair and nail growth
- Swollen and stiff joints
- Muscle atrophy (muscle strength loss), weakness, and spasms
- Increasing loss of mobility in the affected body part
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we urge you to see a physician immediately. While there is no known cure for this disease, it can be put into remission if diagnosed early enough.
Other Complications Related to RSD/CRPS
Insomnia and depression are common complications resulting from this disease and other chronic pain conditions. These damages can also be included in your San Diego personal injury claim.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Seek for RSD or CRPS?
When thinking about compensation for damages related to this disease, it is important to remember that RSD is progressive, meaning it will get worse as time goes on. For this reason, it is important to think of how the disease will affect you and your family in the future. Compensation for damages in an RSD personal injury or medical malpractice lawsuit can include any of the following:
- Medical bills
- Future medical treatments related to your injury
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and mental duress
- Emotional therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning potential
- Reduced earning capacity
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Costs of vehicle and household modifications
- Cost of in-home care
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Permanent injury or disability
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life
- Wrongful death for the loss of a loved one (RSD itself is rarely fatal, but suicides are common as a result of the loss of quality of life that RSD can cause)
Contact Jurewitz Law Group's San Diego RSD Injury Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one has been stricken by this horrible disease, you need to consult a dedicated personal injury attorney. Call the San Diego offices of Jurewitz Law Group today to schedule a free consultation by dialing (888) 233-5020.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Information Page
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome Association (RSDSA)
- Signing a Waiver in California Doesn’t Sign Away All Your Rights
- August 20, 2018
- Going to the Game? Be Prepared for Danger
- June 14, 2018
- Why You Shouldn’t Talk About Your Pending Litigation
- December 13, 2017
- Mind the Falling Trees
- September 7, 2017
- But He’s So Cute!
- August 25, 2017
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.