San Diego Nerve Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Claim for Nerve Damage
Nerve damage from an injury can be incredibly painful and debilitating, but proving the existence and extent of nerve damage in a personal injury claim can be particularly challenging. Unlike other types of injuries, such as broken bones and lacerations, nerve damage may not be visible by sight. This can be a problem when a case goes before a judge or jury. If you or a family member has suffered a nerve damage injury due to the negligence of another party or parties, you are going to need the representation of a qualified attorney. San Diego personal injury lawyers at Jurewitz Law Group have been successfully representing Southern California personal injury victims for over 15 years. We will put our knowledge and experience to work on your case to get you the best settlement possible. Call Jurewitz Law Group today for a free consultation at (888) 233-5020.
Damages for Nerve Damage Injuries After a San Diego Accident
Compensation for a nerve damage injury may include any of the following:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced earning capacity
- Permanent injury or disability
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning potential
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life
- Future medical treatments related to your injury
- Emotional trauma and mental duress
- Emotional therapy
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
What Do Nerves Do?
The body's nervous system contains three types of nerves:
- Autonomic nerves: These nerves control the involuntary functions of your body (like heart rate, blood pressure, respiratory rate, etc.).
- Motor nerves: These nerves carry instructions from the brain to the muscles of the body, controlling all our voluntary movements.
- Sensory nerves: These send signals from our skin and muscles to the brain. This is how we feel pain, heat, and other sensations.
Causes of Nerve Damage
Nerve damage can be caused by many things, including diseases like diabetes and cancer. Nerve damage may also be related to medication side effects, blunt force trauma, deep cuts, botched surgeries, brain and spinal injuries, infections, and nutritional deficiencies.
Symptoms of Nerve Damage
While many accident injuries are immediately apparent, nerve damage can initially go unnoticed. If you've fallen or been in a car accident and notice any of the following, seek immediate medical treatment:
- Muscle atrophy
- Bladder dysfunction
- Burning sensations
- Dry eyes or mouth
- Excessive sweating
- Lack of sweating
- Numbness in chest
- Sexual dysfunction
- Tingling sensations
- Involuntary twitching
- Unable to sense body positioning
Call (888) 233-5020 If You've Suffered Nerve Damage After an Accident
If you have suffered nerve damage or other injury due the negligence, carelessness, or intentional behavior of another party, you may be able to pursue compensation for your injuries. But, getting a fair settlement from an insurance company can be difficult. To get a settlement worthy of your injuries, you'll need the representation of a catastrophic injury attorney in San Diego. The legal team at San Diego's Jurewitz Law Group is passionate about the rights of injury victims. We are ready to stand up for you against responsible parties and their insurance companies. If you've suffered an injury in Southern California, call (888) 233-5020 today for a free case assessment.
- Mind the Falling Trees
- September 7, 2017
- But He’s So Cute!
- August 25, 2017
- Cars Can’t Swim! Heavy Rain May Lead to Flooding Dangers Throughout San Diego Area
- January 17, 2017
- Game Of Drones
- December 12, 2016
- Deals So Good It Hurts
- November 23, 2016
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.