San Diego Knee Ligament Injury Attorneys
Knee Ligament Injury in an Accident
For as much work gets placed upon them‚ our knees are sensitive. The wrong movement one way or another can cause a tear that can take months‚ if not years‚ to heal. While these types of injuries can happen at just about any place or time‚ people who are involved in serious accidents are likely to suffer knee trouble. Car accidents‚ bike collisions‚ and work place incidents are just some of the more common situations in which ligaments hit their breaking (or tearing) point. Unfortunately‚ many victims aren’t even aware anything is wrong till long after the accident.
If you’ve recently been involved in an accident and suffered a ligament tear in your knee‚ you may have grounds to take legal action. But‚ the time to take action is now. An injury caused by the negligent or careless behavior of another person can be devastating. For this reason‚ it is crucial that you get the representation of an experienced San Diego knee ligament injury lawyer.
Call Us Today at (888) 233-5020 or (619) 233-5020 to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation
Contact the Jurewitz Law Group today to speak with a dedicated personal injury lawyer in San Diego. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident‚ you could pursue significant compensation. Some of the more common settlement awards associated with knee injury include:
- Emergency medical transportation
- Hospitalization and surgery
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
- Loss of wages
What is a Knee Ligament Injury?
The knee is actually a complex joint that enables you to get up‚ walk around‚ and take on a flight of stairs. The complexity lies not only in its design‚ but how it actually functions. There are four main “ligaments” that connect your knee‚ femur‚ and shinbone. These knee ligaments are the lateral collateral ligament (LCL)‚ the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)‚ the medial collateral ligament (MCL)‚ and the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). They are hard rubber bands that keep everything together. But‚ they also allow a tremendous range of movement. When you suffer a ligament injury‚ it means one of these band has snapped or “popped.”
Which ligament is injured depends on where you are struck and how hard the blow is. Keep in mind‚ it takes little to injure any one of these bands. Even employees in an office environment can tear their ACL if they move the wrong way with the right amount of force. The key to recovery is early diagnosis‚ proper medical care‚ and obtaining a fair settlement for your damages.
Common Accidents that Cause Knee Injuries
Because of its location‚ its function‚ and the weight it supports‚ the knee is very vulnerable to injury. Some of the more common accidents that cause knee injuries include:
- Trips and falls: These types of accidents can injure the knee in several ways. One might fall directly on the knee or hyperextend the knee if the foot is trapped. Tripping over a knee high object can severely injure a knee.
- Slips and falls: A slippery surface such as ice or oil on a floor surface can cause the knee to lose the support of the foot and bend inward or outward. This can cause tearing of the medial collateral ligament‚ or MCL. A slippery surface can also damage the anterior cruciate ligament‚ or ACL‚ which keeps the shin bone from sliding out in front of the thigh bone.
- Falls from heights: Falling from even moderate heights can cause significant knee damage.
- Blunt force impact: Whether being hit by a car or any other type of moving object‚ blunt force impact can damage the knee joint and break or shatter bones.
- Automobile accidents: This is a major source of severe knee injuries. While there are seatbelts and airbags protecting other parts of the body‚ there’s very little protection for the legs.
- Motorcycle accidents: This is probably the worst type of accident for the knee. Where a car does offer the knee some protection‚ a motorcycle offers the knee zero protection. Motorcycle collisions rank highly among accidents that lead to lower body amputations.
When Should I Call a San Diego Knee Ligament Injury Attorney?
If you have suffered a knee injury in a car accident‚ on the job‚ or while walking on another person’s property‚ we recommend contacting Jurewitz Law Group as soon as possible. California maintains a statute of limitations on all personal injury claims. This means you have only a short amount of time in which to file before losing all rights to compensation. So don’t delay. Contact Jurewitz Law Group.
Call (888) 233-5020 to schedule your free case consultation today.
Knee Injury Case Results
- Awarded: $1‚014‚299.81 – Motorcycle Accident Requiring Extensive Therapy for Knee
- Awarded: $55‚000 – San Diego Trip and Fall at Supermarket Requiring Knee Surgeries
- Awarded: $39‚000 – La Mesa Woman Breaks Kneecap After San Diego Trip and Fall
- Awarded: $30‚000 (Policy Limits) – San Diego Woman Suffers Back and Knee Injury in Auto Accident
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that the case results described above are not intended to be representative of usual results and not every result is typical or expected of every case. Every case is different and case values turn on small facts and differences. Please contact our office to discuss your case and the range of reasonable case values for your personal injury case.
TERMS: By viewing and reading the case values on this website‚ you are agreeing not to disseminate and distribute the case results described herein. The Jurewitz Law Group retains any and all rights with respect to the use and enforcement of copywrite and trademark violations with respect to any use which violated state or federal law.