Fractured Cervical Spine Injury Attorney in San Diego
Suffered a Cervical Spine Injury in an Accident?
The top seven vertebrae of the spine are known as the cervical vertebrae. They comprise a person's neck, which supports the head and connects it to the shoulders and the rest of the body. A fracture of the cervical spine is commonly referred to as "a broken neck." A cervical fracture can have a wide array of results, everything from headaches and neck pain, to partial or full paralysis -- and even death. If you or a family member has suffered a cervical fracture due to the negligent, careless, or deliberate act of another party, you could be able to pursue compensation for the resulting losses.
To get an adequate settlement for the damages you've suffered, it is imperative that you seek the representation of an experienced San Diego spine injury lawyer. The seasoned legal team at Jurewitz Law Group will take a personal interest in your case and stand beside you for the duration of your claim.
Call Jurewitz Law Group today for a free consultation. Dial (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020 to get your recovery under way.
You may be diagnosed with a broken neck after being injured in a vehicle accident, fall, or sport involving violent physical contact. If this was the cause of someone else's negligence, contact a San Diego personal injury attorney. (Image Courtesy of North County Graphics)
Common Causes of Cervical Fractures
Many things can result in a cervical fracture or "broken neck." Among the more common causes of this injury are the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Being thrown from a motorcycle and landing on the head can cause a broken neck. Whiplash--the violent jerking, back and forth, of the head--in a car accident can cause a broken neck.
- Falls: Falls, especially tumbling falls where a person could land on their head and neck, can cause cervical fracture.
- Assaults: Violent acts such as assaults can lead to all types of injuries, including cervical fracture.
- Sports injuries: Sports injuries of all types can lead to a broken neck. This could include a diver misjudging the depth of a body of water or football player making a hit with their head down. It could also be from getting thrown from a horse. We all remember the tragic case of actor Christopher Reeve and the turn his life took after he suffered a cervical fracture.
Damages in a Cervical Fracture Claim in San Diego
If your injury was caused by the act or negligence of another party, you could pursue compensation for any of the following damages:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical bills resulting from your injury
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury or disability
- Mental anguish and emotional duress
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Household and vehicle modifications (such as wheelchair ramps, lifts, etc.)
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity or diminished earning capacity
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life
In the unfortunate event that you've lost a loved one due to a cervical fracture, you and your family could be able to pursue compensation for wrongful death damages.
Contact an Experienced San Diego Injury Attorney
While we at the Southern California offices of Jurewitz Law Group hope you never need our services, please know that we will be there for you should an unfortunate event occur. You can call Jurewitz Law Group at any time at (888) 233-5020 for a free consultation. Don't hesitate to call.
- Why You Shouldn’t Talk About Your Pending Litigation
- December 13, 2017
- Mind the Falling Trees
- September 7, 2017
- But He’s So Cute!
- August 25, 2017
- Cars Can’t Swim! Heavy Rain May Lead to Flooding Dangers Throughout San Diego Area
- January 17, 2017
- Game Of Drones
- December 12, 2016
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.