San Diego Ear Injury Attorneys
Ear Injury and Hearing Loss
The ear is an external organ that allows us to receive communication through sound and also plays a crucial role in balance and body stability. When we lose our hearing, even partially, it can have a great impact on our lives. If your hearing loss was caused by the negligent, careless, or willful act of another party, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for your injuries.
To secure a settlement worthy of your injuries and losses, it is vital that you contact a dedicated personal injury attorney. The legal team at San Diego's Jurewitz Law Group has been successfully representing Southern California injury victims since 2000. Let us put our experience and knowledge behind your claim and help you get the compensation you deserve. Call our accident lawyers in San Diego today for a free case assessment by dialing (888) 233-5020.
Compensation for Hearing Loss Injuries in San Diego
Hearing loss injuries can affect the way we interact with the world around us, deny us of once pleasurable experiences, and even impact our ability to earn a living. If your ear injury has been caused by your occupation, your case will probably fall under workers' compensation. If not, you may be able to pursue compensation through a medical malpractice, personal injury, or product liability claim. Your claim may seek compensation to cover any of the following:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury or disability
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Diminished earning capacity
- Hearing aids or amplification devices
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
Causes of Hearing Loss
Aside from hearing loss due to genetics, aging, or an illness, hearing loss is typically the result of one of three injury situations:
- Prolonged or repeated exposure to loud noise: This type of hearing loss injury is usually occupational, and affects those working in factories, mills, and construction using power tools.
- Exposure to a sudden, extremely loud noise: This could be caused by a gunshot or a firecracker exploding too close to a person's ear, a bomb or other large explosion, an automobile airbag deploying, etc.
- Head injuries that cause neurologic damage to the brain or physical injuries to the ear mechanism itself: this type of hearing loss can also be caused by a botched surgery or other medical treatment.
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is another type of common ear injury. Tinnitus isn't hearing loss, but rather, the perception of sound that isn't there. Tinnitus is caused by damage to the cilia of the inner ear. Cilia are like tiny hairs that vibrate when exposed to sound waves. Damaged cilia may not send signals of silence to the brain, resulting in the perception of sounds like crickets chirping, ringing, hissing, static, buzzing, droning, etc. Tinnitus can affect a person's ability to concentrate, read, sleep, listen to conversation, etc.
A Dedicated San Diego Hearing Loss Injury Attorney Can Help
No one has the right to rob you of your hearing or any of your five senses. Jurewitz Law Group's San Diego ear injury lawyers can help you secure a settlement worthy of your injuries and losses. Call (888) 233-5020 today for a free consultation.
- Signing a Waiver in California Doesn’t Sign Away All Your Rights
- August 20, 2018
- Going to the Game? Be Prepared for Danger
- June 14, 2018
- Why You Shouldn’t Talk About Your Pending Litigation
- December 13, 2017
- Mind the Falling Trees
- September 7, 2017
- But He’s So Cute!
- August 25, 2017
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.