Crush Injury Lawyer in San Diego
Crushing injuries occur when a body or parts of a body are compressed by an object or between two or more surfaces. Crush injuries are common in motor vehicle accidents‚ heavy equipment accidents‚ construction accidents‚ and falls from heights. The severity of a crush injury depends on the force of impact on the body and the amount of body surface that is impacted. For instance‚ the force of a plaster wall falling on your leg is going to be much less than that of a brick wall falling on your leg. Likewise‚ a wall falling on your entire body is going to produce more injuries than a wall that just falls on your leg.
Crushing injuries can be as mild as light bruising‚ or as severe as shattered and broken bones. Other common crush injuries include internal bleeding‚ damaged internal organs‚ nerve and muscle damage‚ and brain damage. A severely crushed limb may even need to be amputated. Crushing injuries can often be fatal.
If you have suffered a crushing injury or lost a loved one to a crushing injury‚ you may be able to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. To get the settlement you and your family deserve‚ contact an experienced attorney. The San Diego catastrophic injury attorneys at the offices of Jurewitz Law Group has been successfully representing Southern California injury victims and their families since 2000. Call Jurewitz Law Group for a free consultation at (888) 233-5020.
Compensation for Crushing Injuries
If you have suffered a crushing injury due to the negligence of another party or a defective product‚ you may be able to pursue compensation for any of the following damages:
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning potential
- Loss of a limb or digit
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced earning capacity
- Punitive damages
- Property damage or loss
- Permanent injury or disability
- Pain and suffering‚ both physical and emotional
- Medical bills
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life
- Future medical treatments related to your injury (such as skin grafts‚ reconstructive surgery‚ plastic surgery‚ etc.)
- Emotional trauma and mental duress
- Costs of vehicle and household modifications (such as wheelchair ramps and lifts)
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
Compensation for Wrongful Death from a Crushing Injury in San Diego
In the tragic event that you’ve lost a loved one due to a crushing injury‚ your family may be able to secure compensation for the following damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (such as medical benefits and retirement)
- Loss of love‚ affection‚ companionship‚ guidance‚ marital consortium‚ etc.
- Loss of household duties the deceased performed (such as childcare‚ chores‚ property and vehicle maintenance‚ etc.)
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before they died
- Punitive damages
Can’t Afford Immediate Medical Treatment? We Can Help.
If you need medical treatment immediately and can’t afford to wait for a settlement‚ you may want to take advantage of a concept few other injury firms offer. Jurewitz Law Group has a network of physicians and caregivers we can refer you to who will give you the medical treatment you need at no upfront cost. This shows just how confident we are that we can get you the settlement you deserve.
Contact Us Today
Call San Diego injury lawyers at Jurewitz Law Group at (888) 233-5020 for a free‚ comprehensive‚ consultation.