San Diego Broken Foot Lawyers
What Happens After a Serious Foot Fracture? Call Jurewitz Law Group
When you think about it, our feet do a remarkable job. They're tasked with bearing the weight of our entire bodies all day. The following are some facts about the foot you may not know:
- During the average day of walking, your feet can bear the weight of hundreds of tons.
- An average adult takes 4,000 to 6,000 steps each day.
- There are 26 bones in each human foot. The fifty bones in your feet are one quarter of all the bones in the human body.
It's hard to imagine getting through the day without two healthy feet. But, in the case of an accident that leads to a fractured bone in the foot, we may be forced to spend a few months hobbling around. If another party's negligent or careless act caused the injury to your foot, you may be able to pursue compensation for your losses. To get the settlement you deserve, it's important that you contact an experienced San Diego broken bone attorney.
The legal team at the San Diego offices of Jurewitz Law Group has successfully represented Southern California injury victims for over 15 years. Call us for a free consultation at (888) 233-5020.
Think about how often you use your feet everyday. Your feet bear all the weight of the rest of your body and gets you from place to place. What if an accident left you with a broken foot? (Image Courtesy of North County Graphics)
Damages for Foot Fractures in San Diego
Even a small fracture in the foot can significantly impact your life for a short time. If an accident has caused your foot injury, you could pursue compensation for medical bills, physical therapy, rehabilitation, permanent injury or disability, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more.
Common Causes of Foot Fractures
According to the Mayo Clinic, the following are common causes of foot fractures:
- Car accidents: These type of breaks tend to be the most severe, often causing fractures of multiple bones. A broken or crushed foot from a vehicle accident often requires surgery.
- Falls: Trips and falls can cause foot fractures, as well as landing on one's feet from even a relatively low height.
- Impact of a heavy object: Dropping something heavy on your foot, or having something heavy fall on your foot, can cause fractures. This could be a bowling ball, a dumbbell, a brick, etc.
- Missteps: Sometimes simply putting your foot down at the wrong angle can cause a fracture. An uneven surface, such as a pothole or crack in the sidewalk can contribute to missteps.
- Stress: Spending too much time on your feet, carrying heavy objects, and activities like running can all cause stress fractures in the foot. In some cases, an employer may be liable for your injury if they don't provide proper footwear or floor surfaces.
Contact a San Diego Broken Foot Injury Lawyer
To get a settlement worthy of your foot injury, it is vital that you get the representation of a qualified San Diego personal injury attorney. Since 2000, the skilled attorneys of Jurewitz Law Group have won substantial settlements for our clients. We will guide you through every phase of your claim and help you get the outcome you deserve.
Call Jurewitz Law Group today at (888) 233-5020 to schedule a free consultation.
- Mind the Falling Trees
- September 7, 2017
- But He’s So Cute!
- August 25, 2017
- Cars Can’t Swim! Heavy Rain May Lead to Flooding Dangers Throughout San Diego Area
- January 17, 2017
- Game Of Drones
- December 12, 2016
- Deals So Good It Hurts
- November 23, 2016
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.