San Diego Bone Fracture Attorneys
Broken Bones & Fractures
Coping with a serious disability or injury that could last for years‚ if not a lifetime‚ demands a lot of patience and heart; however‚ even with these qualities‚ the path to recovery is often a bumpy one. Catastrophic injuries can affect a person’s ability to care for themselves and their family‚ and may make living an independent‚ full life difficult. A severe bone fracture is one type of catastrophic injury‚ and the most common cause of fractures is trauma. Though a bone fracture is likely to heal over time and‚ in general‚ tends to be more “fixable” than other types of serious injuries‚ a person may be temporarily disabled or immobilized for an extensive period of time.
If you were involved in an accident caused by another’s negligence‚ it is important to speak with a top San Diego bone fracture lawyer in order to understand your legal rights and options following an accident. Here at Jurewitz Law Group‚ our team of attorneys helps parents whose children have suffered broken bones due to another person’s negligence. If another person was at fault‚ you may be entitled to monetary compensation for current and future medical bills and pain and suffering. Contact the Jurewitz Law Group today at (619) 233-5020 to speak with a legal professional.
Signs of Fractures
Contrary to popular belief‚ fractures are not always visible to the naked eye‚ especially in small children and young adults. Signs of a bone fracture include:
- Physical deformity
- Inability to move the injured body part
- Bruising‚ inflammation‚ or swelling
- Extreme pain
- Protruding bones
If you child displays any of the symptoms above‚ you should contact a medical professional immediately.
Types of Fractures
Incomplete fractures occur when a bone cracks but does not break into smaller pieces. These fractures are less severe than other types‚ but they can be exceptionally painful. Complete fractures occur when the bone breaks into multiple‚ smaller parts. When a broken bone protrudes through the skin‚ the victim is said to suffer from a compound fracture. Simple fractures occur when a bone breaks‚ but it is not visible through the skin. Younger children are especially susceptible to this type of fracture. All of these fractures can cause permanent deformities if they are not noticed and treated promptly.
Simple fractures are most common among children‚ and they are placed into one of five different categories. Some of the most common types of simple fractures include:
- Transverse – When a fracture occurs at a 90-degree angle
- Impacted – The ends of two bones collide with each other
- Greenstick – Instead of breaking‚ the bone bends
- Oblique – A fracture that occurs at an angle that is greater or less than 90 degrees
- Comminuted – A severe fracture that occurs when the bone shatters into numerous pieces
It can be difficult to predict the severity of a fracture‚ but the location of the fracture and the extent of bone damage are the two most important factors. If a fracture damages nerves or blood vessels‚ or the victim contracts an infection‚ long-term damage can occur to the body. Young children tend to heal from fractures faster than adults‚ but they frequently have more difficulty dealing with the emotional and physical trauma of broken bones.
Common Causes of Broken Bones in Children
- Car accidents can be traumatic‚ no matter what age you are‚ but they can be especially harrowing for children. When an accident occurs‚ children are far more likely than adults to sustain broken bones and to need serious medical treatment. As experienced attorneys‚ Jurewitz Law Group understands your frustration‚ especially if an intoxicated‚ inattentive‚ or inexperienced driver caused the accident that injured your child. That is why we will do everything we can to get you and your child the justice you deserve.
- Riding a bicycle is considered to be one of the most enjoyable childhood activities in existence. Unfortunately‚ drunk and texting drivers frequently collide with young bicyclists‚ causing extensive harm and sometimes‚ death. No helmet or kneepad can protect a child from an irresponsible motorist‚ but there are ways to keep your son or daughter safe. Be sure that your child understands the importance of wearing a helmet and remaining aware of surrounding traffic. When you talk to your child about this‚ the chance of them being severely injured by a motorist drastically decreases.
- Each day‚ millions of parents leave their children in the care of others. No matter what age your child is‚ you expect teachers‚ babysitters‚ and school administrators to monitor them carefully. If your child suffers a fracture at the hands of one of these individuals or another student‚ you may have grounds for a lawsuit.
What Complications May Arise after a Bone Fracture Injury?
The excellent news about a bone fracture injury is that most are typically not life-threatening and this type of injury will usually heal with time. However‚ a bone fracture injury can present unique challenges to an injured victim and his or her family who are also aiding in their loved one’s recovery. The emergency medical treatment needed following an accident and the follow-up care to treat a bone fracture can be expensive‚ painful‚ and time consuming. Any complications with recovery may possibly lead to ongoing chronic pain. Also‚ as the injured person may be temporarily disabled and experience diminished capabilities for weeks or months‚ returning to work will be delayed‚ which may cause additional financial stress.
Insurance Company Obstacles in San Diego
In addition to the physical and financial‚ not to mention emotional‚ challenges of a bone fracture injury‚ handling matters with one’s insurance company can be an added source of stress. Insurance companies may flood a person with complicated paperwork and documentation requirements; therefore‚ seeking compensation and payment for medical treatments and bills can be burdensome. With the professional assistance of an attorney who understands the common tactics of insurance companies used to deny or delay rightful claims‚ obtaining the compensation you need from not only insurance companies‚ but also the person who caused the initial accident‚ will be much simpler and trouble-free.
What Compensation May I Receive for My Bone Fracture Injuries?
The costs of both immediate and long-term medical treatment of a severe bone fracture injury can be significant‚ which is why seeking full and fair compensation from any at-fault parties is especially important. It is essential that all injury- and accident-related factors are considered when calculating compensation for this type of injury. An injured victim may be able to receive compensation for medical bills‚ including prescription costs‚ surgeries‚ or physical therapy. In addition‚ compensation can be obtained for lost wages for the period of time the person is unable to return to work while they are recovering from the injury. Another type of compensation an injured victim may be able to receive is compensation for pain and suffering‚ which can include any emotional and psychological trauma a person suffered as a result of the accident.
Reliable Legal Representation‚ Exceptional Results in San Diego
Being involved in an accident can be a very traumatic experience for anyone‚ and suffering an injury as a result of the accident can impact the life of a person forever. With costly medical bills and other financial burdens that may arise following an accident‚ it is imperative that accident victims seek compensation from the negligent parties who caused them harm. At the Jurewitz Law Group‚ our lawyers are dedicated to getting full compensation for accident victims in order for them to receive the best medical care and recover strongly from their fracture injury to move forward and live their best life. To discuss your case with a San Diego injury attorney and find out what your legal options are‚ call (888) 233-5020 for a complimentary consultation.
- Car Accident Bone Injuries and Fractures
- Bike Accident Broken Bones & Fractures
- Has Your Child Broken or Fractured a Bone in San Diego?
- Broken Bones Sustained in Bike Accidents in San Diego
- Broken Bone Injuries Commonly Suffered By Encinitas Children
- Fractures – MedlinePlus
- Broken Bones – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons