San Diego Abdominal Injury Attorney
Abdominal Injuries in a Car Accident
When considering injuries that result from motor vehicle accidents, most of us think of injuries like whiplash, concussions, broken bones, or cuts and bruises. In reality, many serious internal injuries can also be suffered in a vehicle accident. Like our brains, our internal organs are vital to our bodies. An injury to our abdominal organs can be every bit as fatal as a brain injury or heart injury. Unfortunately, injuries to abdominal organs don't always have the immediate outward symptoms other injuries have. An accident victim may feel fine and be given a clean bill of health while a serious condition exists internally.
If you or a family member suspects they may have suffered an internal organ injury, don’t hesitate to get medical attention. Once the victim has been treated, your next step should be to consult an experienced San Diego car accident attorney. Jurewitz Law Group has represented Southern California motor vehicle accident victims for over 15 years. We will take a personal interest in your case and use our experience to get you the best settlement possible.
Call Jurewitz Law Group today at (888) 233-5020 for a free consultation.
Damages for Abdominal Injuries
The abdominal cavity contains some of our most important organs, such as the liver, spleen, kidneys, stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, intestines, and adrenal glands. If you have suffered an abdominal injury in a motor vehicle accident, you can pursue damages for the following:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical bills for surgeries, medications, etc.
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Replacement of organic organs with artificial organs
- Lost wages from missed work
- Permanent injury and disability
- Loss of occupation or earning ability
- Wrongful death damages
Causes of Internal Abdominal Injuries in a Vehicle Accident
- Motor vehicles can achieve a significant amount of force and momentum, even when traveling at low speeds. When a vehicle hits a stationary object or a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction, the momentum of the vehicle is transferred to the vehicle’s occupants. In such a case, internal organs can become detached or rupture, resulting in internal bleeding.
- The sudden deployment of airbags can seriously injure your unprotected abdominal organs with their force.
- Seat belts that may save your life, but they can cause serious injury to the abdominal region. This was a major reason shoulder straps were introduced in the 1970s.
Contact a San Diego Abdominal Injury Lawyer at Jurewitz Law Group
If you or a loved one has suffered abdominal trauma in a motor vehicle accident, you need to contact an experienced San Diego accident lawyer. The seasoned legal team at Jurewitz Law Group has represented thousands of vehicle accident injury victims over the last 15 years. We're dedicated to getting our Southern California clients the best compensation possible.
Call our offices today, at (888) 233-5020 to get the justice you deserve for your abdominal injuries.
- San Diego Internal Injuries – What You Don’t Know Can Kill You
- Overview of Abdominal Injuries - Merck Manual
- Blunt Abdominal Trauma - Medscape
- Why You Shouldn’t Talk About Your Pending Litigation
- December 13, 2017
- Mind the Falling Trees
- September 7, 2017
- But He’s So Cute!
- August 25, 2017
- Cars Can’t Swim! Heavy Rain May Lead to Flooding Dangers Throughout San Diego Area
- January 17, 2017
- Game Of Drones
- December 12, 2016
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.