Helpful Information for San Diego Injury Accident Victims and Other Areas of California
The Jurewitz Law Group firmly believes that every personal injury victim deserves to have free, helpful information available to them. Information is the chief weapon against insurance companies who attempt to take advantage of injured people who are unfamiliar with the personal injury claim process.
To help the consumer, our office has published a number of free documents, reports, publications, and information about successfully obtain the compensation these victims deserve.
These documents are free and will help you understand the legal, medical, and practical challenges facing people seriously injured in these accidents. They will also explain why choosing an experienced attorney is important for success, and how to select such a lawyer for your case.
We have also published a free book full of helpful information, The Ten Biggest Mistakes That Can Destroy Your California Accident Case. For a free copy, you can order here.
Also, contact our office if you would like a free consultation about your personal injury claim.
- Choosing the Right Auto Insurance
Buying the right kind of insurance for you and your family can be difficult, especially when there are so many companies advertising that they have the best rates.
- Do College Students Obtain Enough Health Insurance Benefits from Their Parents or University Health Care Plans?
College students and their families struggle to find the right blend of health insurance coverage with affordability. It is always a good idea for returning and incoming college students to examine their health coverage options and find the right blend.
- What are the Ten Worst Insurance Companies to Deal with in America? Read this Free Report to Find out Who They are and how They Scam the American People... [PDF]
This free report created by the American Association for Justice (AAJ) tells you who the worst insurance companies are in America, why they made the list, and how they delay, defend, hardball litigation, and lowball the legitimate claims of accident victims and claimants.
- NEW CAR ACCIDENT CASE LAW--Weston Reid, LLC v. American Insurance Group, Inc. [PDF]
Weston Reid, LLC v. American Insurance Group (2009) is an important California Supreme Court decision which holds that uninsured/under-insured (UM/UIM) benefits cannot be required to pay hospital liens incurred for care to the injury accident victim under the Hospital Lien Act (HLA). This helps to protect the injury accident victim's recovery.
- Free report by Transportation for America, "Dangerous by Design", finds the Southern California metro area the most dangerous in the nation for pedestrians. [PDF]
Due to lack of sidewalks, uncontrolled intersections, speeding and reckless driver, and just general inattention by government, Southern California has become the most dangerous area in the United States for pedestrians. The area experiences a higher than average number of pedestrian accidents and deaths.
- Injections for Treatment and Diagnostics
Doctors use injections for treatment and diagnostic purposes to treat injuries arising from an accident.
- Keep Your Children Safe at Home
What are the top 5 ways to keep your child safe at home? Let our San Diego child injury attorneys tell you how to avoid common mistakes.
Drunk Driving Accidents
- Alcohol And Energy Drinks
The San Diego drunk driving car accident attorneys will get you the money you need to get back on your feel. Call our personal injury office at (888) 233-5020.
- Victims Injured in a San Diego DUI Crash
Can a California victim of a drunk driving auto accident recover money via a criminal restitution order and a civil judgment or settlement arising from a personal injury lawsuit? The California Court of Appeals in Vigilant Insurance Company v. Chiu held that they can.
- Motorcyclists Need To Be Fully Aware of Riding and Be Focused on the Road
Thousands of motorcycle accidents happen every year that could have been avoided. As a motorcyclist, you need to be fully aware of the task of riding and be focused on the road.
- 2010 California Judicial Council Report on Attorneys Fees Awarded at Minor's Compromise Hearings [PDF]
- Gas Company Liability
The California Court of Appeals recently ruled in Gonzalez v. Southern California Gas Company that the family of a girl burned to death by a broken gas line could not recover damages because it was not foreseeable that a car would strike the gas line.
- California Products Liability Court of Appeals Opinion in Gonzalez v. Southern California Gas Company [PDF]
This is an UNPUBLISHED decision by the California Court of Appeals in the case of Gonzalez v. Southern California Gas Company where the Court decided that SCGC's failure to comply with federal law to provide protections to gas lines along roadways due to the fore foreseeable risk of injury by explosion or fire did not give rise to a civil legal duty to the public, including the family of a woman who died in a fiery car crash after her vehicle struck the gas line and caught on fire.
- NEW NEGLIGENT SECURITY CASE LAW--Tan v. Arnel Management Co. [PDF]
Tan v. Arnel Management Co. (2009) is an important 4th District Court of Appeals decision addressing a property owner's liability to crime victims for the criminal acts of others. It demonstrates that injury accident victims can demonstrate that the criminal acts of third parties can be foreseeable when there have been prior criminal acts and the security measures urged by the victims are minimal and would have prevented the act.
- What Happens When You Get into a Car Accident that was Not Your Fault and You Can't Pay It Off?
The San Diego auto accident attorneys at the Jurewitz Law Group will help you get through the stress of filing a claim and get you the compensation you need.
- Dangers of Cortizone Injections
Cortizone injections are often used to treat joint pain following an accident. However, cortizone injections have benefits and potential dangers. Please read this article before talking to your doctor about receiving injections to your knees, elbows, or shoulder.
- Radiographic Tests to Diagnose Injuries
Doctors use radiographic tests like x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans as methods to determine if an injured person has suffered a serious injury to their back, bones, or joints following an accident. If you have suffered a major injury which has brought you prolonged pain, please call the Jurewitz Law Group for a free consultation.
- What Injections Do Doctors Use for Diagnosis and Pain Treatment for Accident Injuries?
Doctors commonly use injections to diagnose and treat persistent pain following an injury accident. Of these types of injections, sympathetic blocks and epidural injections are the most common.
- Doctors Commonly Use Diagnostic Tests to Determine the Nature of Injuries
Doctors will use electromyelogram (EMG), nerve conduction velocity (NCV), and myelogram studies to diagnose injuries following an accident. In addition, arthroscopic surgeries are typically used to treat injured joints.
Important California Personal Injury Case Law
- Get Out of Red Light Camera Tickets with This California Appellate Court Case--People v. Khaled [PDF]
In People v. Khaled, the California Court of Appeals ruled that the hearsay rule applies to photographs and videotapes used by police agencies to enforce red lights at intersections monitored by cameras. In order to substantiate the photographs, prosecutors must call witnesses who can lay a foundation for when, where, and how the photograph is taken in order for it to be introduced into evidence. Further, laying such a foundation is necessary to establish that the photograph was not altered by Photoshop or some other method.
- The Third Appellate District Becomes the Latest Appellate Court to Uphold the Collateral Source Rule That Negligent Defenders Should Not Benefit from Injured People Who Have the Foresight to Purchase Health Insurance. [PDF]
The California Court of Appeals for the Third Appellate District recently ruled in King v. Willmett that the collateral source rule bars the reduction of jury verdicts based upon reduced amounts paid by the injured person's health insurance company. The rule prevents the courts from rewarding negligent defendants from benefiting from the foresight of injured people who purchased and then used health insurance to pay for their medical care arising from an accident. This is a very important decision benefiting California injury victims. It overrules the argument made by insurance defense attorneys in the Nishihama and Haniff cases. If you or a loved one has been injured in a San Diego injury accident, call the personal injury attorneys at the Jurewitz Law Group for a free consultation at (888) 233-5020.
- This Opinion May be the Most Important Decision for California Personal Injury Attorneys and Their Injured Clients! [PDF]
The Howell v. Hamilton Meats & Provisions, Inc. decision may be the most important decision for California personal injury attorneys and their injured clients. The California Court of Appeals reinstated the collateral source rule's guarantee that plaintiffs are entitled to the full billed value of their medical bills and not the discounted payment from their private health insurance carrier. In this case, a San Diego, CA woman won her appeal to have $130,000 of her jury verdict reinstated after the Court discounted the verdict by the reductions obtained by her health insurance.
- Do Insurance Companies Not Treat People Fairly? Do They Have a Plan to Cheat People from Benefits They Deserve? This Report Says "Yes"! [PDF]
The American Association for Justice (AAJ) published this report telling how insurance companies have a consistent plan to deny insurance claims, delay the payment of claims, confuse people, and refuse to consider claims – all of which is intended to boost their profits at the expense of injured people.
San Diego County Car Accident Lawyers
- National City Car Accident Lawyer Recommends Purchasing Higher Uninsured/Underinsured (UM/UIM) Insurance Coverage
Although National City, CA has very few auto accidents, motorists in this San Diego city tend to carry very low auto insurance coverage, especially uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) insurance coverage.
- El Cajon Car Accident Lawyer Discusses High Rate of Auto Wrecks in the City
El Cajon, CA is the location for a higher than normal number of motor vehicle crashes and auto accidents. El Cajon car accident lawyer Ross Jurewitz discusses this disturbing fact and what El Cajon residents can do about it.
- Encinitas Car Accident Lawyer Speaks About Active Lifestyle Motor Vehicle Accidents Involving Bicyclists and Pedestrians
Encinitas, CA is a coastal San Diego community with a very active outdoor lifestyle. Encinitas car accident lawyer Ross Jurewitz discusses the types of motor vehicle accidents that Encinitas experiences, made more frequent by the number of bicycles and pedestrians in the city.
- Carlsbad, CA Car Accident Lawyer Warns About Fatal Auto vs. Pedestrian Accidents
Carlsbad, CA experiences a higher number of car vs. pedestrian accidents. California car accident lawyer Ross Jurewitz talks about why more pedestrian accidents occur in Carlsbad and what motorists can do to make Carlsbad's roads safer.
- El Cajon
- Imperial Beach
- La Mesa
- National City
- San Marcos
- Solana Beach
- Spring Valley
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.