Chula Vista Child Injury Accident Attornesy
Law Firm Helping Children Who Have Been Injured
There are few things as scary for a parent as seeing their child get seriously injured. This is especially true when the accident is the direct result of negligence or wrongdoing or when the injuries were avoidable and totally unnecessary. Chula Vista is a beautiful place to live and raise children. However‚ there are a number of hazards that could expose our youngest and most vulnerable citizens to injury and harm.
If your child has suffered an injury in Chula Vista caused by any type of negligence‚ it is critical that you seek prompt legal representation. The experienced Chula Vista injury lawyers at the Jurewitz Law Group can guide you through what can be a complex legal process and give you a better understanding of how to protect your child’s rights and seek compensation for his or her losses.
What are Common Causes of Child Injury?
Dangers lurk everywhere for children. Some of the most common causes of child injuries in Chula Vista include:
- Birth injuries: Labor is a dangerous time for newborns. Even the most seasoned professionals can make mistakes that result in serious and permanent injuries to the child.
- Auto accidents: Car accidents are among the most common causes of child fatalities in the United States. Children may suffer serious injuries in a car accident‚ pedestrian collision or a bicycle accident. They are especially vulnerable in school zones and residential neighborhoods where speeding‚ distracted or otherwise negligent drivers can cause devastating accidents.
- Falls: According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)‚ falling is the leading cause of non-fatal injuries to children.
- Fire injuries: Children can suffer catastrophic or even fatal burn injuries in structural fires.
- Ingestion of dangerous substances: Children do not know what they are allowed to drink and what can cause them harm. It is possible to suffer serious internal injuries if cosmetics‚ cleaning supplies or medications are swallowed.
- Playground accidents: It is crucial that equipment on playgrounds is tested regularly to ensure they are designed‚ installed and maintained properly.
- Defective products: There are a number of toys and nursery products that could cause serious injury or harm to children. In such cases‚ the manufacturers of the defective products can be held liable.
- Dog bites: Children are more susceptible to suffering serious or even fatal injuries in dog attacks due to their smaller size.
Protecting Your Child’s Rights in Chula Vista
When a child suffers a serious injury such as a head injury‚ bone fracture‚ burn or internal injury‚ it is crucial that he or she receives immediate medical attention. The costs of treatment‚ hospitalization‚ surgery‚ rehabilitation and care can get costly very quickly. If your child has been hurt by someone else’s negligence‚ it may be in your best interest to look into filing an injury claim. Your child may also need psychological therapy to recover from the emotional trauma that was suffered. A top child injury attorney can fight for the best interests of your child.
At Jurewitz Law Group‚ we will help recover maximum compensation for your child so he or she can receive the necessary treatment and care to recover. We know how child injury cases differ from adult personal injury cases‚ as we have years of experience representing injured adults‚ as well as children and their families.