Chula Vista Car Accident Lawyers
Need Help After a Vehicle Accident?
Chula Vista has its fair share of traffic congestion and car accidents, as the second largest city in the San Diego metropolitan area. A significant number of Chula Vista high-speed accidents occur along the 5 and 805 freeways. There are also a number of serious injury accidents along the city's busiest roadways including Fourth Avenue, H Street, Broadway, Eastlake Parkway, Third Street and Main Street. Not all accidents happen during rush hour on our most congested roads. An accident can occur at anytime, on any road.
If you have been injured in a Chula Vista auto accident, it is likely that you are struggling physically, emotionally and financially. If your accident was caused by someone else's negligence or recklessness, you can seek compensation for your injuries, damages and losses. Contact the Jurewitz Law Group at (888) 233-5020 to obtain more information about pursuing your legal rights.
What to Do after an Auto Accident in Chula Vista
If you have been injured in a car accident, there are a number of steps you can take to help protect your legal rights:
- Stop immediately and remain at the scene of the crash. Make sure everyone involved in the incident is okay.
- Call 911. Ask that a police report be filed and obtain a copy of the report. Also, get the name and badge number of the responding officers.
- Exchange information with all involved parties. Get names, numbers, addresses, emails, driver's license numbers, license plate numbers and insurance information.
- Don't admit fault to anyone.
- Talk to eyewitnesses and get their contact information.
- Take photographs of the accident scene including damage to your vehicle and your injuries.
- Inform your own auto insurance company about the incident.
- Get prompt medical attention. Request copies of all medical reports and keep track of all expenses related to your treatment and care.
- Be careful discussing the incident. Do not post any details online, be it on a blog or on social media. What you post online or tell someone can be used against you during the claims process.
- Contact an experienced Chula Vista auto accident lawyer who will remain on your side, fight for your rights and help you secure fair compensation for your losses.
Early Settlement Offers
If you are offered a settlement from an insurance company, be very wary. It would not be in your interest to accept it because once you sign an agreement, your case will be considered closed. Some auto accident injuries such as whiplash may not become apparent or worsen for weeks or months after the incident. Do not settle a claim until you know you'll be compensated for all your injuries. Don't give insurance companies access to your personal information such as health and financial records. Consult your attorney before signing a settlement agreement or any type of waiver or other document.
Contacting a Dependable Chula Vista Car Accident Attorney
If you have not been injured and have only suffered property damage, you may not need a lawyer. You can settle on your own with the insurance company. However, if you have been injured, have incurred medical expenses and have lost income as a result of time away from work, you need the counsel and guidance of an experienced Chula Vista accident lawyer who will help ensure that you receive just compensation for all your losses. Please contact the Jurewitz Law Group at (888) 233-5020 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.