San Diego Summer Camp Accident Lawyers
Injuries & Accidents at Summer Camp
Children look forward to the last day of school, but can easily become bored over summer vacation. Summer camp is a great way to dispel the boredom, and provide a way to enjoy the outdoors, engage in new activities, and socialize with other children. Unfortunately, summer camp also brings a whole new range of potential accidents and injuries for children.
Summer camps are responsible for keeping children reasonably safe, but they may not be legally responsible for all injuries. In certain sports camps, for example, parents may be asked to sign a waiver before their children can participate, in which case the camp may not later be held liable for sports injuries suffered by the young participants.
If your child has been injured at summer camp, the best thing to do is to consult with a knowledgeable attorney. Our San Diego child injury attorneys at Jurewitz Law Group can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may have a right to claim. Call us to schedule a free consultation. We can meet with you at either of our locations in San Diego and Carlsbad, speak with you on the phone, or video conference via Skype. We can come to you if you are unable to come to one of our offices.
Summer Camp Accidents and Injuries
The purpose of summer camp is to get children outdoors and engaged in activities. With all the sports and outdoor activities children have available at camp, at least some minor accidents are bound to happen. However, when a camp has failed to exercise reasonable care to keep the premises free of hazards, perform background checks on personnel, remain alert to signs of sexual abuse, and otherwise perform its duty to keep your children safe, serious accidents and injuries may be the end result.
Potential hazards at summer camp may include:
- Swimming pool and water sports hazards such as drowning and brain injury if life guards are not on duty or performing their duties negligently.
- Food poisoning and food borne illnesses caused by improper cooking, unsanitary conditions, or spoiled food.
- Infections caused by bed bugs or other pest infestations as a result of poor camp maintenance and cleanup.
- Burn injuries from campfires when summer camp owners, operators, or staff fail in their duty to protect children.
- Physical abuse of children by camp personnel, when owners and operators are abusive themselves or have failed to properly screen employees.
- Bus accidents may occur if the camp fails to properly maintain vehicles, or if the driver is negligent in the operation of a vehicle transporting children.
- Sexual molestation occurs too often in summer camps, particularly when camp owners and operations are not vigilant in personnel screening or observation of staff and children.
Help For Your Family If Your Child Has Been Injured at Summer Camp
At Jurewitz Law Group, we provide personalized attention and aggressive representation. Our San Diego child summer camp accident lawyers have already obtained more than $30 million in settlements and awards for our clients. If your child was injured at summer camp as a result of an act of negligence, our legal team will fight for the compensation you and your family deserve. We offer our services on a contingency basis, with no legal fees until we are successful in recovering compensation – call now. Jurewitz Law Group can be reached at (619) 233-5020 or (888) 233-5020.
- Staying Safe on the Playground This Summer
- July 5, 2017
- Let’s Save Some Kids’ Lives, People
- June 21, 2017
- Has Your Child Broken or Fractured a Bone in San Diego?
- September 15, 2016
- Common Health Injuries Found at Kids Summer Camps
- August 22, 2016
- Common Types of School Injuries Suffered by Children
- August 18, 2016
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.