Carlsbad Car Accident FAQs
Have you been in an auto accident in Carlsbad? Are the medical bills and other costs associated with the crash piling up? You probably have many questions regarding what you can do to better your situation. For answers, read the FAQ below and call the Jurewitz Law Group at (760) 585-4640. In a free case review, one of our helpful staff will address all of your concerns and give you a comprehensive understanding of your rights and legal options.
A: Car crashes can be caused by a wide variety of factors and sources, but some of the most common causes include:
- Driver Error - Speeding, distracted driving, tailgating, fatigued driving, failing to yield to those who have right of way, and other dangerous motorist behaviors.
- Dangerous Road Conditions - Potholes, missing guard rails, sudden elevation changes, inappropriate speed limits, sharp curves without adequate warning, and other conditions which can cause drivers to lose control of their cars and crash.
- Defective Design or Manufacturing - Car manufacturers must release safe and reliable auto products to the public because when a part fails, it may cause motorists to get into accidents and sustain significant damages as a result.
A: No. Actually, you should not even be speaking with the opposing insurance company because their one goal is to weaken your claim and get you to accept a settlement that is worth far less than what you deserve. Relay all communication from the insurance company to a trusted attorney. This way, you'll have your best interests protected.
A: Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident and the extent of your damages, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical Bills - The party who caused your crash may be held liable for your past and future medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages - In addition to your medical bills, you may be eligible to receive compensation to replace any wages lost during your recovery.
- Pain and Suffering - If you have suffered serious physical and emotional pain as a result of your injuries from the accident, you may have this damage included in your settlement or verdict.
A: If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, you may mistakenly assume that you have no other means of coverage. Actually, you may seek compensation from your own insurance company if you have underinsured and uninsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage on your policy. And if your claim exceeds the limits of your UM/UIM coverage, you may also look towards your policy's personal injury protection (PIP) for compensation for your medical bills and lost wages. Consult with a knowledgeable Carlsbad car accident lawyer to learn more.
A: Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be very stressful, especially when serious injuries are involved. You should consult with an attorney who can fight in your stead so you can focus on your recovery. A good Carlsbad personal injury attorney should be able to:
- Counteract the insurance company's attempts to weaken your claim,
- Conduct a thorough investigation to find evidence that supports and strengthens your claim,
- Complete and submit all necessary paperwork on time, and
- Fight aggressively for you in trial, if necessary.
Are you a Carlsbad, CA resident who needs high quality legal representation after a bad car crash? Contact the Jurewitz Law Group today for immediate assistance. Our experienced southern California auto accident attorneys are ready and willing to secure you a case victory so you can move on with your life.
- Protecting Your Rights after a Carlsbad DUI Crash
- Five Tips to Deal with an Insurance Adjuster after a Carlsbad Car Accident
- Spinal Cord Trauma in Carlsbad Car Accidents
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (760) 585-4640 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.