San Diego is famous for its beaches, major attractions, and temperate summer climate. It’s a go-to vacation spot that hosts some 32 million visitors a year. Many of those tourists flock to San Diego in the summer when the beaches are sunny and the water is (somewhat) warm.
But once the summer crowds have left, and fall and winter settles in, what is there to do in San Diego? Glad you asked. The Jurewitz Law Group suggests that you check out five free things you can do in San Diego this winter.
- The Poinsettia Bowl Battle of the Bands in the Gaslamp Quarter. This event will happen on December 19, just two days prior to the Poinsettia Bowl, which is held in Qualcomm Stadium. The bands from the two participating teams in the Poinsettia Bowl line up opposite each other in the Gaslamp Quarter and battle it out (musically, that is).
- The Mission Bay Christmas Boat Parade of Lights. This holiday gathering is held on Dec.10 and features more than 100 festively lit powerboats and sailboats parading around Mission Bay. The parade ends with a fireworks show at SeaWorld San Diego.
- Surfing Santa at Seaport Village. You can head over to Seaport Village on Nov. 26 to catch a parade on the boardwalk and maybe catch a glimpse of Santa catching a wave. Photo ops with Surfing Santa are a must.
- Point Loma Whale Watching. Observe from a cliff or set your feet firmly on the shore at Point Loma to check out the Grey Whales as they migrate to the warmer waters off Baja, California. The whales make the trek from December to April.
- Free Organ Concerts in Balboa Park. The Spreckles Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park features the world’s largest outdoor organ and free organ concerts at 2 p.m. each Sunday. The organ has been a San Diego landmark for more than 90 years.
Of course, these are just some of San Diego’s Winter events. As the holiday season gears up, the Jurewitz Law Group hopes you have a chance to check out what San Diego has to offer.
Ross Jurewitz is the founder and managing lawyer of the Jurewitz Law Group, a San Diego personal injury attorney law firm. These San Diego injury accident lawyers specialize in helping people seriously injured in a variety of accidents throughout San Diego County and California.
Connect with Ross Jurewitz on Google+