San Diego Bicycle Accident Broken Bone Attorneys
Broken Bones as a Result of a Bicycle Accidents
Cycling is a fantastic sport, good for your health and happiness, and beneficial to the environment. But, it does come with a degree of risk. Since cyclists lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle, riders can suffer severe injuries if they are hit by cars, thrown off their bicycle, or run into a stationary object.
Broken (fractured) bones are a common result of bicycle accidents and can be quite serious, some requiring surgery to repair. If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by another party’s negligence, our legal team at Jurewitz Law Group can help you get compensation for pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and more. When we represent you in a bicycle accident claim, you pay no upfront costs or fees. We only get paid if we get you the compensation you deserve. Call (888) 233-5020 or (619) 233-5020 today for a free case evaluation.
What Are Some Common Fractures Resulting from Bicycle Accidents?
The following are some of the more common fracture injuries seen in cycling accidents:
- Clavicle (collarbone): Broken clavicles are the most common bones broken in cycling accidents because riders have a tendency to extend their arms out to break a fall.
- Hand and wrist bones: These injuries are common for the same reason broken collar bones are common – the natural tendency of riders to extend their arms out to break a fall. Scaphoid fractures (breaks in the small bones of the wrist) are caused when the hands and wrists absorb the force of impact of the fall.
- Hip bones: In broadside collisions (common at intersections) a vehicle can collide directly with a rider’s hip. Another scenario is when the cyclist is ejected from the bike and their pelvis hits the pavement.
- Skull: As stated in an article published by American Family Physician, 22% to 47% of injured bicyclists suffer head injuries, often in collisions with motor vehicles. Traumatic brain injury typically accompanies skull fractures.
Legal Help for Bicycle Accident Broken Bone Injuries in San Diego
A broken bone can prevent you from engaging in your normal life activities for a period of time and may make you unable to work. Those missing wages and your medical bills can put a great deal of financial stress on you and your entire family. When another party is responsible for your injuries, you have a right to pursue compensation from their insurance company.
The San Diego bicycle accident lawyers at Jurewitz Law Group can handle your claim and deal with the insurance companies involved while you recover from your injuries. We have the knowledge and skills to handle all types of bicycle accident claims, and we have a history of success in personal injury cases. Call our offices today, to schedule a free consultation. If you are unable to come to us, we can meet with you at your location. Jurewitz Law Group can be reached at (888) 233-5020.
- Fractures (Broken Bones) - American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fractures - MedlinePlus
- Understanding Bone Fractures -- the Basics
- Broken Bone - Medline Plus
- Fractures (Broken Bones): First Aid
- Cycling Community Pays Tribute to Fallen Comrade
- October 29, 2017
- How To Handle A Brand New Bike
- December 23, 2016
- Bike Hit-and-Run in San Diego
- September 12, 2016
- Broken Bones Sustained in Bike Accidents in San Diego
- September 7, 2016
- San Diego Bicycle Road Rash Injuries
- August 25, 2016
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.