Vehicle Rollover Lawyers in San Diego
Compensation for Rollover Injuries
Any type of vehicle accident can lead to severe injuries and even death; however, some are much more dangerous than others. One of these accidents types is a vehicle rollover accident, which occurs when a motor vehicle loses its balance and tips over on its side, rolls over onto its roof, or rolls completely over once or multiple times. Such an accident is violent on both the vehicle itself and the occupants within it, subjecting them to serious injuries that can easily be fatal.
What Causes a Vehicle to Rollover?
Vehicle rollover accidents are not as common as other types of collisions, but still occur frequently and with often devastating results. Some causes of vehicle rollovers include:
- Collision with another vehicle or hazard;
- Being cut off by another vehicle;
- Leaving the road;
- Sudden swerving and fast turning;
- Striking a curb;
- Crossing a steep slope or ditch; and
- Vehicle defects.
While all vehicles can be involved in a rollover, the worst incidents are usually not due to driver error, but are instead caused by another vehicle or a defect with the car.
Auto Defects and Rollovers
Not all vehicle rollovers are caused by driver negligence or accidents caused by others. When a vehicle contains a defect, the chances for an accident are increased and the severity of such accidents increases as well. Vehicles such as vans and SUVs have been known to rollover more frequently because of their tall and top-heavy design, resulting in rollovers due to sudden turns or overcorrecting during a near accident.
Additionally, a tire blowout can cause a vehicle to flip over due to sudden loss of control and imbalance. Other defects can cause a driver to completely lose control of his or her vehicle, leading to very serious accidents that he or she would normally be able to avoid or lessen. Additionally, loss of control can cause a driver to leave the road, a very common cause of vehicle rollover due to the change in terrain and uneven ground.
Vehicle Rollover Injuries
During a rollover, occupants may experience a large variety of violent forces that result in many types of injuries. These injuries include:
- Blunt force trauma from slamming into the interior of the vehicle;
- Whiplash from rolling over and stopping suddenly;
- Ejection from the car through open windows or glass;
- Burn injuries from fires that may occur;
- Cuts and lacerations from broken glass;
- Broken or fractured bones from impact; and
- Head and spinal cord damage from violent force.
Any of these can lead to fatalities or permanent disabilities for occupants of a rolling vehicle.
Finding a San Diego Vehicle Rollover Lawyer
Vehicle rollovers are incredibly dangerous accidents that often result in severe or even fatal injuries to the occupants of the vehicle. If you or a loved one has been involved in such an accident due to the negligence of another party or the manufacturers of a defective auto part, the San Diego vehicle accident attorneys at the Jurewitz Law Group can aid you in pursuing compensation for your losses from the at-fault parties. Contact us today at (888) 233-5020 for more information on how our law team can use their years of experience to successfully represent you in court and help you on the road to recovery.
- Automobile Insurers Don’t Want to Pay Your (Full) Medical Bills
- April 8, 2018
- Passenger Liability 101: Your Guide to Insurance After an Accident
- March 29, 2018
- First Pedestrian Killed by a Driverless Car in Arizona
- March 20, 2018
- Collision with a Government Vehicle – What Now?
- December 20, 2017
- The Dangers of Social Media After Your Car Accident
- December 4, 2017
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.