San Diego Government Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Who Is Liable in a Collision with a Government Vehicle?
We've all been there – the approaching sirens, the screaming red and white lights and then the other motorists around you beginning to make way for the incoming ambulance, police car or fire truck. But what happens if you didn't see one of these speeding government vehicles flying through the intersection or down a narrow street till it was too late? You tried to get out of the way, but they were driving so fast! Who is at fault?
At the Jurewitz Law Group, our San Diego vehicle accident lawyers have seen all kinds of vehicles involved in serious wrecks and government automobiles are no exception. In fact, it happens more often than you might think. This makes sense, considering most of them are allowed to run red lights and speed down dangerous roads.
- Police cars engaged in high speed chases can exceed their authority and cause terrific damage to innocent by-standers and passing motorists.
- Fire trucks speeding to an alarm could cause a pileup if driving into a heavily congested area.
- Military vehicles, if improperly handled, have the kind of size and strength that can utterly destroy a regular sized car.
- Garbage trucks, attempting to complete their route too fast, can miss parked vehicles in the early morning or late night hours.
The San Diego car accident injury team at the Jurewitz Law Group has been handling car accident cases for the past decade. If you need help with a recent wreck involving a municipal, state or federal vehicle – give us a call today at (619) 233-5020.
But It Is The Government!
Yes, it is true – there is nothing easy about taking on government entities on any level. The various legal teams and bureaucratic departments within are designed to make life difficult for anyone pursuing legal action against them – even the people that voted them in. BUT, it is not impossible. What type of government vehicle was involved, how it struck you and why the accident occurred in the first place can all play a significant role in your options. Each level of government has different rules regarding its policy on lawsuits, all of which you should consult with an attorney first before attempting to tackle on your own.
Call our San Diego Government Vehicle Accident Lawyers
As if it's not bad enough that one of your city officials or civil servants caused your family irreparable harm, but now you have to pay for it through medical bills, personal property damage and other related expenses. It's not your fault one of these out of control city workers caused a violent collision – so why are you the one having to shoulder all the costs?
At the Jurewitz Law Group, we understand the money involved with such wrecks and we're determined to help you retrieve every dollar possible – without costing you a cent. With our No Fee Guarantee you don't pay a thing until we've won your case. No initial consultation fee, no additional legal bills. Nothing. You can take the time to heal and recover, while we put your case in motion. Contact us today at (888) 233-5020 and schedule a free consultation.
- Trash Truck Kills One
- Mother Struck Down in Park While With Baby By City Worker
- Lifeguard Runs Over Sunbather
- Tourists Don’t Get a Free Pass to Hit You on Memorial Day
- May 22, 2018
- What Insurers Don’t Tell You About the Emotional Costs of a Car Wreck
- May 16, 2018
- What’s the Deal with Storefront Accidents?
- May 2, 2018
- “No Fault” Doesn’t Mean “No Pay”
- April 26, 2018
- Automobile Insurers Don’t Want to Pay Your (Full) Medical Bills
- April 8, 2018
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.