San Diego Moped Accident Attorneys
Experienced San Diego scooter accident lawyers can help you if are injured when struck by a car.
With the increased cost of gas, riding a scooter in San Diego seems like a viable alternative to driving a car in Downtown San Diego and in nearby neighborhoods such as Bankers' Hill, Little Italy, and Hillcrest. Scooters make up for their speed with their gas efficiency on the city streets. However, despite all of the good qualities about scooters, they can be dangerous if they are involved in a collision.
Use Extra Caution When Riding a Scooter
Since most scooters do not have much (if any) safety features, scooter drivers must be extremely careful when they ride a scooter, especially on a crowded road. It is important to wear a helmet at all times. Wearing a helmet will decrease the scooter rider's chances of suffering a permanent brain or spinal injury. It is also not a bad idea to wear a motorcycle jacket and/or pads as well, especially if you are new to the scooter.
Here are some more safety tips when you're riding a scooter:
- Drive extra slow while going through speed bumps
- Pretend like you are on a bike, use that same amount of care
- Assume that other cars cannot see you
- Make sure your lights are working and you are wearing light clothing at night
Even if scooter drivers take all safety precautions, they cannot control the other cars on the road. Some scooter accidents are just unavoidable, and scooter drivers can be seriously injured from no fault of their own. If this ever happens to you when riding a scooter in San Diego or California, be sure to talk to an experienced San Diego scooter accident attorney. At the Jurewitz Law Group, we have represented several people injured in scooter accidents and have acheived favorable results for our clients. If you or someone you know has ever been involved in an accident involving a scooter, please call the Jurewitz Law Group at 888-233-5020 for a free initial consultation.
- During Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month, Practice Sharing the Road with Bikers
- May 22nd, 2013
- El Cajon Boulevard Crash Injures Motorcyclist, Passenger
- April 12th, 2013
- Passenger Killed, Driver Injured in Rancho Santa Fe Motorcycle Crash
- July 30th, 2012
- Two Injured after Motorcycle Rear Ends Car in San Diego
- July 20th, 2012
- Motorcyclist Injured after Rear-Ending Truck in San Marcos
- June 25th, 2012