Helpful Information for San Diego Injury Accident Victims and Other Areas of California
The Jurewitz Law Group firmly believes that every personal injury victim deserves to have free, helpful information available to them. Information is the chief weapon against insurance companies who attempt to take advantage of injured people who are unfamiliar with the personal injury claim process.
To help the consumer, our office has published a number of free documents, reports, publications, and information about successfully obtain the compensation these victims deserve.
These documents are free and will help you understand the legal, medical, and practical challenges facing people seriously injured in these accidents. They will also explain why choosing an experienced attorney is important for success, and how to select such a lawyer for your case.
We have also published a free book full of helpful information, The Ten Biggest Mistakes That Can Destroy Your California Accident Case. For a free copy, you can order here.
Also, contact our office if you would like a free consultation about your personal injury claim.
- Dangers of ATVs
Though ATV manufacturers tell you how their products are safe and easy to handle, it doesn't change the fact that thousands of adults and children get injured or killed from an ATV accident every year.
- Military Insurance
Buying the right kind Of insurance for you and your family can be difficult, especially when you are in the armed forces.
- Choosing the Right Auto Insurance
Buying the right kind of insurance for you and your family can be difficult, especially when there are so many companies advertising that they have the best rates.
- Proposition 213 and San Diego Rental Car Accidents
Does Proposition 213 prohibit recovery of pain and suffering damages for a rental car driver who does not have auto insurance? The answer is NO!
- Do College Students Obtain Enough Health Insurance Benefits from Their Parents or University Health Care Plans?
College students and their families struggle to find the right blend of health insurance coverage with affordability. It is always a good idea for returning and incoming college students to examine their health coverage options and find the right blend.
- Interstate 5 (I-5) Car Accidents
Interstate 5 (I-5) is San Diego County's major north-south freeway running along the coastline and through San Diego. It is the site of many serious car accidents, truck crashes, and motorcycle wrecks.
- What are the Ten Worst Insurance Companies to Deal with in America? Read this Free Report to Find out Who They are and how They Scam the American People... [PDF]
This free report created by the American Association for Justice (AAJ) tells you who the worst insurance companies are in America, why they made the list, and how they delay, defend, hardball litigation, and lowball the legitimate claims of accident victims and claimants.
- NEW CAR ACCIDENT CASE LAW--Weston Reid, LLC v. American Insurance Group, Inc. [PDF]
Weston Reid, LLC v. American Insurance Group (2009) is an important California Supreme Court decision which holds that uninsured/under-insured (UM/UIM) benefits cannot be required to pay hospital liens incurred for care to the injury accident victim under the Hospital Lien Act (HLA). This helps to protect the injury accident victim's recovery.
- Will You Be Able to Collect Money for Pain and Suffering Damages Caused by a Negligent Driver if You are Uninsured? In California, the Answer is "No."
There are hundreds of thousands of California drivers operating their cars, trucks, and motorcycles on the roads and highways of our state without insurance. Doing so is not only illegal, but also prohibits the uninsured driver from collecting damages for pain and suffering if they are involved in an accident that is not their fault pursuant to Proposition 215. To protect you and your family, make sure that you have plenty of uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance coverage to pay for your injuries caused by a driver without insurance.
- Free report by Transportation for America, "Dangerous by Design", finds the Southern California metro area the most dangerous in the nation for pedestrians. [PDF]
Due to lack of sidewalks, uncontrolled intersections, speeding and reckless driver, and just general inattention by government, Southern California has become the most dangerous area in the United States for pedestrians. The area experiences a higher than average number of pedestrian accidents and deaths.
- The Dangers of Alcohol and Boating
Boating and alcohol in California can be a deadly mix. San Diego boaters often underestimate the "stressors," putting themselves, their passengers, and others out in the water at risk.
- Reckless Boating
Summer is a great time to get out on the water in San Diego. However, when boaters disregard rules, regulations, and the safety of others, there are dangerous consequences
- Effects of Concussions
Head injuries among athletes are extremely common and the effects can be long-lasting, especially if left untreated and undiagnosed.
- Injections for Treatment and Diagnostics
Doctors use injections for treatment and diagnostic purposes to treat injuries arising from an accident.
- Keep Your Children Safe at Home
What are the top 5 ways to keep your child safe at home? Let our San Diego child injury attorneys tell you how to avoid common mistakes.
- How Child Injury Cases Differ from Adult Personal Injury Cases
Child injury claims are not the same as adult personal injury cases. Find out what the differences are between these types of claims.
- How to Protect Your Children from Dog Bites.
Children ages 5 to 9 years old are the most at risk for injuries from dog bites according to a Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report. Read this article for helpful tips to help keep your kids protected from animal attacks.
Drunk Driving Accidents
- Alcohol And Energy Drinks
The San Diego drunk driving car accident attorneys will get you the money you need to get back on your feel. Call our personal injury office at (888) 233-5020.
- Victims Injured in a San Diego DUI Crash
Can a California victim of a drunk driving auto accident recover money via a criminal restitution order and a civil judgment or settlement arising from a personal injury lawsuit? The California Court of Appeals in Vigilant Insurance Company v. Chiu held that they can.
- Motorcycle Road Safety
When venturing out on two wheels, you need to be aware of obstacles that suddenly appear in your way and safely navigate around them. Here are a few things to look out for.
- Motorcyclists Need To Be Fully Aware of Riding and Be Focused on the Road
Thousands of motorcycle accidents happen every year that could have been avoided. As a motorcyclist, you need to be fully aware of the task of riding and be focused on the road.
- 2010 California Judicial Council Report on Attorneys Fees Awarded at Minor's Compromise Hearings [PDF]
- Amusement Park Accidents
When ride operators at amusement parks don't pay attention to your safety, make sure that you do. Follow guidelines and trust your gut.
- Swimming Pool Injuries
Each year in the U.S., over 1,000 children die because of careless lifeguards, pool maintenance staff, and property managers. Most of these accidents are preventable.
- Defective Baby Products
Baby slings can be a godsend for any busy parent. However, when your infant is too young or weak to control their head and get covered by the fabric, they can end up suffocating.
- Gas Company Liability
The California Court of Appeals recently ruled in Gonzalez v. Southern California Gas Company that the family of a girl burned to death by a broken gas line could not recover damages because it was not foreseeable that a car would strike the gas line.
- California Products Liability Court of Appeals Opinion in Gonzalez v. Southern California Gas Company [PDF]
This is an UNPUBLISHED decision by the California Court of Appeals in the case of Gonzalez v. Southern California Gas Company where the Court decided that SCGC's failure to comply with federal law to provide protections to gas lines along roadways due to the fore foreseeable risk of injury by explosion or fire did not give rise to a civil legal duty to the public, including the family of a woman who died in a fiery car crash after her vehicle struck the gas line and caught on fire.
- Slip and Fall on Wet Floor Tiles
After an injury on wet floors or wet floor tiles ask your potential San Diego injury lawyers what they think of your case.
- Dangerous Floors
A fall on a slippery floor can lead to more than embarrassment. You could suffer a serious injury such as spinal cord trauma or traumatic brain injury.
- Elderly Slip and Fall
Slip and fall injuries can have devastating effects on seniors. The best way to prevent an accident is to take the proper safety precautions.
- NEW NEGLIGENT SECURITY CASE LAW--Tan v. Arnel Management Co. [PDF]
Tan v. Arnel Management Co. (2009) is an important 4th District Court of Appeals decision addressing a property owner's liability to crime victims for the criminal acts of others. It demonstrates that injury accident victims can demonstrate that the criminal acts of third parties can be foreseeable when there have been prior criminal acts and the security measures urged by the victims are minimal and would have prevented the act.
- I'm Hurt and Need Information
- I Don't Know If I Need a Lawyer
- Personal Injury Lawsuit Process
Unless your injuries were very minor or could be settled outside of court, then it is wise to have a good personal injury attorney by your side to help you through this complicated process.
- Choosing the Right Attorney
Choosing a lawyer that is right for you can take a lot of work and research. Don't just settle for one.
- Dealing with Injuries after an Accident
If you are in an accident, you may not feel pain immediately. Tell your doctor right away if you have symptoms.
- Proving Fault in an Accident
If you are in an accident that was someone else's fault, you still have to file a claim and prove they caused your injuries.
- Insurance Company Denying Payment
We choose an insurance policy and make monthly payments because we expect to be protected in case of an accident. However, what if your own insurance company won't pay for injuries?
- Medical Assistance After An Accident
If you get into an accident, it is your responsibility to get the medical attention you need from a doctor.
- Dealing with the Insurance Company After an Accident
Insurance companies are skilled at offering you a low settlement while making you think you are getting the amount you deserve.
- Punitive Damages
The purpose of getting a personal injury lawyer is to get the money you need to cover your medical expenses.
- What Happens When You Get into a Car Accident that was Not Your Fault and You Can't Pay It Off?
The San Diego auto accident attorneys at the Jurewitz Law Group will help you get through the stress of filing a claim and get you the compensation you need.
- Respond to Discovery in a Personal Injury
Discovery is one of the most important and time-consuming parts of the litigation process. The answers you give in response to these questions may make or break your case.
- What is Written Discovery
Discovery is the most important and most time-consuming part of a lawsuit claim. In discovery, you can get the information you need to win your case."
- Dangers of Cortizone Injections
Cortizone injections are often used to treat joint pain following an accident. However, cortizone injections have benefits and potential dangers. Please read this article before talking to your doctor about receiving injections to your knees, elbows, or shoulder.
- Radiographic Tests to Diagnose Injuries
Doctors use radiographic tests like x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans as methods to determine if an injured person has suffered a serious injury to their back, bones, or joints following an accident. If you have suffered a major injury which has brought you prolonged pain, please call the Jurewitz Law Group for a free consultation.
- What Injections Do Doctors Use for Diagnosis and Pain Treatment for Accident Injuries?
Doctors commonly use injections to diagnose and treat persistent pain following an injury accident. Of these types of injections, sympathetic blocks and epidural injections are the most common.
- Doctors Commonly Use Diagnostic Tests to Determine the Nature of Injuries
Doctors will use electromyelogram (EMG), nerve conduction velocity (NCV), and myelogram studies to diagnose injuries following an accident. In addition, arthroscopic surgeries are typically used to treat injured joints.
Important California Personal Injury Case Law
- Get Out of Red Light Camera Tickets with This California Appellate Court Case--People v. Khaled [PDF]
In People v. Khaled, the California Court of Appeals ruled that the hearsay rule applies to photographs and videotapes used by police agencies to enforce red lights at intersections monitored by cameras. In order to substantiate the photographs, prosecutors must call witnesses who can lay a foundation for when, where, and how the photograph is taken in order for it to be introduced into evidence. Further, laying such a foundation is necessary to establish that the photograph was not altered by Photoshop or some other method.
- The Third Appellate District Becomes the Latest Appellate Court to Uphold the Collateral Source Rule That Negligent Defenders Should Not Benefit from Injured People Who Have the Foresight to Purchase Health Insurance. [PDF]
The California Court of Appeals for the Third Appellate District recently ruled in King v. Willmett that the collateral source rule bars the reduction of jury verdicts based upon reduced amounts paid by the injured person's health insurance company. The rule prevents the courts from rewarding negligent defendants from benefiting from the foresight of injured people who purchased and then used health insurance to pay for their medical care arising from an accident. This is a very important decision benefiting California injury victims. It overrules the argument made by insurance defense attorneys in the Nishihama and Haniff cases. If you or a loved one has been injured in a San Diego injury accident, call the personal injury attorneys at the Jurewitz Law Group for a free consultation at (888) 233-5020.
- This Opinion May be the Most Important Decision for California Personal Injury Attorneys and Their Injured Clients! [PDF]
The Howell v. Hamilton Meats & Provisions, Inc. decision may be the most important decision for California personal injury attorneys and their injured clients. The California Court of Appeals reinstated the collateral source rule's guarantee that plaintiffs are entitled to the full billed value of their medical bills and not the discounted payment from their private health insurance carrier. In this case, a San Diego, CA woman won her appeal to have $130,000 of her jury verdict reinstated after the Court discounted the verdict by the reductions obtained by her health insurance.
- Personal Injury Accidents in San Diego can Ruin Your Credit. Follow This Guide to Repair Any Damage that has Been Done to Your Credit Score. [PDF]
Personal injury accidents can damage your credit. San Diego and California injury accident victims should use this guide to repair their credit score.
- FREE REPORT - How to Choose a Great Lawyer for Your Injury Accident Case [PDF]
- FREE REPORT - What You Need to Know About Buying Car Insurance in California [PDF]
- FREE REPORT - How to Avoid the Wrong Lawyers for Your Case [PDF]
- FREE REPORT - The Legal Process Roadmap for Personal Injury Cases [PDF]
- FREE REPORT - What a Personal Injury Attorney Can Do For You [PDF]
- FREE REPORT - How to Know When to Hire a Lawyer [PDF]
- FREE REPORT - Questions the Insurance Adjustors Do Not Want You to Ask [PDF]
- FREE REPORT - Answers to the Most Asked Questions About Your Auto Accident [PDF]
- FREE REPORT - Do's and Dont's After an Accident [PDF]
- FREE REPORT - What is Your Car Accident Case Really Worth? [PDF]
- December 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- We Supported the San Diego Race for the Cure 2012, Safe Toys & Gifts Month, Christmas Story By Ryan Jurewitz
- November 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- Words From The Jurewitz Family, Our Fight Against Breast Cancer, We Supported the San Diego Brain Injury Foundation
- September 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- Ross Jurewitz Featured in Newsweek Magazine, Auto Battery Safety Month, National Teen Driver Safety Week
- September 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- What is National Recovery Month?, Drunk Driving Prevention, Child Passenger Safety
- August 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- How Much Will I Get When I Retire?, History of the Del Mar Races, My Child has a Disability: Can I get Social Security?
- July 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- San Diego's Worst Roads for Motorcycles, Respect Yourself and Respect the Road, What to Look Out For When Riding
- June 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- Alcohol and Hot Weather, BUI: Boating Under the Influence, Junior Seau: Brain Injury Claims a San Diego Legend
- May 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- Living with Traumatic Brain Injury, The Money. The Glory. The Fame. Is it Worth it?, Preventing Children's Sports Injuries
- April 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- Dog Bites: Who is Responsible?, News Anchor Bitten in Face by Dog, Safe Kid's Tips for Training Safe Dogs
- March 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- March is Brain Injury Awareness Month, A Toddler in a Strange Land, What to do in Case of an Accident
- February 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- February is American Heart Month, The 2012 JLG Fitness Challenge, Before You Send Your Child to Daycare
- January 2012 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- "Free Lawyers for Kids" Program, 2012 Goals—What Will You Accomplish?, Do You Know Your Ski Code?
- December 2011 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- Caffeine and Alcohol is Not a Good Mix for the Holidays, How Social Media Affects Your Case, Child Safety Tip: Safety at Home
- November 2011 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- What You Need to Know about Social Security Disability Benefits, Child Safety Tip: Choosing a Car Seat, National Teens Don't Text and Drive Week
- August 2011 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- Texting and Driving: New Report Says More Dangerous than Drunk Driving, How to Buy the Right Auto Insurance, Child Safety Tip: Theme Park Safety
- July 2011 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- Insurance Agent Malpractice, Where We Have Been, Child Pool Safety Tips, Jurewitz Law Group in the News
- June 2011 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter -- Insurance Agent Malpractice, Where We Have Been, Child Pool Safety, June Facebook Contest, Jurewitz Law Group in the News
- The March 2010 Jurewitz Law Group Newsletter--Providing helpful information and articles about uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, distracted driving from texting while driving and the Teens Against Distracted Driving (TADD) program, and how to avoid child injuries due to poisoning and chemicals and how to avoid them.
- Sign Up for a FREE Newsletter with Helpful Information, Free Giveaways, and Great Tips How to Enjoy Your Community More!
- Which are the Top Ten Worst Insurance Companies in America and Are You Insured by One of Them? Read this Article to Find Out!
The American Association for Justice (AAJ) published a list of the ten worst insurance companies in America. Learn about the horrible things that your insurance company is doing before they do it to you.
- Do Insurance Companies Not Treat People Fairly? Do They Have a Plan to Cheat People from Benefits They Deserve? This Report Says "Yes"! [PDF]
The American Association for Justice (AAJ) published this report telling how insurance companies have a consistent plan to deny insurance claims, delay the payment of claims, confuse people, and refuse to consider claims – all of which is intended to boost their profits at the expense of injured people.
- Santee Auto Accidents
Santee Auto Accident Lawyer Ross Jurewitz discusses the high number of alcohol related DUI car accidents in this East San Diego County Community. For a town as small as Santee, it has a higher number of drunk driving injury accidents as one would expect.
- Lakeside County Car Accident
San Diego County motorcycle accident lawyer Ross Jurewitz discusses the high frequency of motorcycle accidents in the unincorporated areas of San Diego County, including Lakeside, CA. Why do so many motorcycle crashes occur in rural parts of town.
- Del Mar Car Accident Lawyer Reports Low Frequency of Injury Auto Accidents in Seaside San Diego County Town
Del Mar, CA is a sleepy San Diego beachside community that experiences a very low rate of auto accidents and traffic collisions.
- Lemon Grove Car Accident Lawyer Talks of Safe Motorist Community and Low Number of Auto Accidents
Lemon Grove, CA is a San Diego County city that experiences a very low number of auto accidents.
- Poway Car Accident Lawyer Reports Higher Frequency of Auto Accidents Within North San Diego County Community
Poway, CA car accident lawyer Ross Jurewitz warns about high number of auto accidents in San Diego County city.
- Coronado Car Accident Lawyer Asks for Residents and Visitors to Keep Coronado Safe from Auto Accidents
Coronado, CA is a wonderful beachside community that is generally safe from auto accidents and motor vehicle crashes.
- National City Car Accident Lawyer Recommends Purchasing Higher Uninsured/Underinsured (UM/UIM) Insurance Coverage
Although National City, CA has very few auto accidents, motorists in this San Diego city tend to carry very low auto insurance coverage, especially uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) insurance coverage.
- El Cajon Car Accident Lawyer Discusses High Rate of Auto Wrecks in the City
El Cajon, CA is the location for a higher than normal number of motor vehicle crashes and auto accidents. El Cajon car accident lawyer Ross Jurewitz discusses this disturbing fact and what El Cajon residents can do about it.
- Encinitas Car Accident Lawyer Speaks About Active Lifestyle Motor Vehicle Accidents Involving Bicyclists and Pedestrians
Encinitas, CA is a coastal San Diego community with a very active outdoor lifestyle. Encinitas car accident lawyer Ross Jurewitz discusses the types of motor vehicle accidents that Encinitas experiences, made more frequent by the number of bicycles and pedestrians in the city.
- Carlsbad, CA Car Accident Lawyer Warns About Fatal Auto vs. Pedestrian Accidents
Carlsbad, CA experiences a higher number of car vs. pedestrian accidents. California car accident lawyer Ross Jurewitz talks about why more pedestrian accidents occur in Carlsbad and what motorists can do to make Carlsbad's roads safer.
- El Cajon
- Imperial Beach
- Lakeside Information
- La Mesa
- National City
- San Marcos
- Solana Beach
- Spring Valley
- Privacy Notice
Privacy notice to users of Jurewitz.com
Call the Jurewitz Law Group at (619) 233-5020 and begin your path to recovery with a no-cost consultation today.